First I want to say that I am only 19 and I have been with the same person for 3 years and 8 months and I have never done anything sexual with anyone else and he has not either. I am pretty sure this isn't herpes from what I've read but I am concerned. Two days ago I became very itchy down there. I looked down and saw what looked like a big zit and with closer observation it looked like a canker sore with a white center. I also have a white to yellowish discharge. I am fighting a sinus infection at the moment so I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I was wondering what this could be and what I could do to get rid of it. It itches and hurts a lot.
please let me know-

I am having the same problem. I don't know what to do. If you find out what it is, please let me know.

same problem. any explanation? I have been sexually active with the same guy for about two years. He hasn't been with anyone else but me (I tripled checked on that fact). So what are these bumps about? And the vaginal discharge is more than usual. So much so that I had to use a pad.

I have had these several times and they are very painful. You have one of these glands on each side of your labia and they can become enlarged and infected. Try medicated douche and use Neosporin. It can really hurt when your urine hits it because of the acid in it. Try hot compresses(hot as you can stand) to open it up so it can drain. You may have to have your gynecologist drain it.

Hope this helps.

i am having the exact same thing! although iv had more than one bump. the discharge is white and sometimes a little yellow and is more frequent than normal. i dont think its herpes either because they dont form in clusters, and dont really resemble blisters. have you ever popped yours? i did today and clear liquid came out?

i am having the exact same problem as the last post. have you had any other symptoms?

Firstly, i think that the open "canker" sore type deals, are most likely herpes. Which I have and know very well. Even if you know that your guy hasn't been fooling around, I really REALLY think its a good idea to see a doc and get the facts. The herpes disease can lye dormant.
I also have a lump on the left side of my vagina. Only hurts when i touch it...it does become irritated very easily. I know the difference between herpes and this lump...and its not herpes. I have been too scared to pop it, but my curiosity is getting too much to handle and I'm considering doing it tonight. Just like you guys, its pea sized, p[ainful and looks kinda red..a bit more than my natural color. PLEASE HELP.

i had one too, but im not sure if its the same thing. i popped it and all that came out was blood. But it hurts and the area around it is irritated. I'm only 15 and im totally a virgin so im pretty freaked.

The white to yellow discharge and the soreness and irritation sound like a yeast infection (thrush), which is easily treatable with an oral pill or a suppository. The standard treatment is about 150mg of fluconazole (which wont hurt you if you take it just to be sure). Yeast infections can come from a variety of harmless sources (like too much washing, birth control pills, bacteria from a guy etc). Seems like you could at least rule it out by taking the treatment--I would not recommend having sex until it's cleared up--both because your partner could get it and it hurts. If it's more serious then see a doctor, never good to let these things get worse.
Good luck!

This. It's very much like what you're talking about and that's what my best guess is. I hope that you're able to get to a doctor as soon as possible. Let us know how your recovery goes, okay?

Just for clarification - Herpes has two types. One can be transmitted via penile-vaginal intercourse (type 2) and one generally is transmitted through oral sex (type 1). I have type one herpes, and my boyfriend of 2 years gave it to me even though he definitely hasn't ever done anything with anyone else. The GYN told me that the herpes virus is super common and dormant in many peoples' blood, but when giving oral, if the person has a cut on their lip or in their mouth that dormant herpes virus can become active. Type 1 herpes occurs only once seriously (for most) and is then a dormant STD. The symptoms described at the beginning of this thread sound a lot like what I had when I got the herpes.

My symptoms were:
Began with thrush/yeast infection-like symptoms: tons of smelly white discharge, really really itchy labia. The doctor even told me after an examination that I had a yeast infection. However...
Itchiness developed into soreness and soreness developed into those little terribly painful lacerations that hurt like nobody's business when urinating. The pain was incredibly intense at this stage, forcing me to go to the doctor again. The tests confirmed type one herpes.
The doctor gave me vicodin for the pain and aggressive treatments designed specifically to suppress the herpes virus.

Point is: Herpes can be transferred through blood and not just penile-vaginal intercourse. Please check with a GYN or other doctor to get treatment! Too many people live through it and don't get informed about their bodies. Even if it's not herpes, it is SO important to be informed! The doctors do this for a living, so don't be embarrassed. They are there to help!

okeyyy dokey. im like the girl wayyyy up there 15....virgin....etc. I've got one and it hurts like hell. idk wtf it is, but its not herpes...i dont thikn theres any physical way i could possibly have that. soo....wat is it??

wow guys thanks for all the info it really helped i was scared s****s for a second till i read this and its deff not the herp lol

Guys cheat, You have Herpes!!

I'm 17 and i had this same problem for more than one year.. i havent consulted anyone yet cuz i thought it will be gone after a while but it's getting more and more serious. The red lump has enlarged that it covers three quarters of my right labia majora but the amount of whitish sticky discharge hasnt increased. I am to scared to see a gyna and i am only living with my dad, with no siblings(u know what i mean).. It can get itchy all day, especially at night before sleep. I am so scared now and dont know what to do..