I got my usual cramping and few hours later I had my period. The next day cramps were worse (like always) but light transparant pink discahrge.. Cramps gone and now nothing im periodless sort to speak. I work in a Medical Office and snuck a pg test at break (lol) it says negative, so my question is for anyone who has any insight to this is "what was that all about?" I did have a UTI 2 weeks ago (1st one ever) and finished up an antibiotic of bactrim last week. I started thinking that the uti or the antibiotic could of had something to do with my periods being wacky, but I've been googeling everything for uti, bactrim and short periods and I get nothing.. Im making an appt with my doctor hoping to get in on Friday. My lower back is still hurting so im wondering if my UTI is still lingering or if it went into my kidneys and thats having an effect on the situation, plus constipation for 2 days now.... This was my first UTI I have experienced.....Can anyone relate? Maybe have some insight? I would apprecaite it alot... Thanks! :-)

When was your last period????? and last time or time you have unprotected sex

Thanks for responding, my last period was well I thought the other day but before that it was on schedule last month. Me and my fiance live together we have unprotected sex always, I have never once got pregnant since we have been together not 1 time so I just figured if the time came to have kids I would need help to do it.. Which I still think I do, like I said in my previous post, I took a pg test today at the health care center I work at and it was negative, but I have never had a period like the one I just had if you can even call it a period, i'm just hoping its not something serious as in health wise, that's why I can't wait to get on the phone tomorrow and make an appt with my doc.

by the other day are you say Monday? Sunday please can you tell me the date of when your last period was and how many days please also you last known period

ok last Thursday night the 19th of August it ended up pink transparant discharge on Friday then nothing monhth before that i had my usual normal one July 22 or 23 had it straight through like normal

Your Cycle Calculations Today: Wednesday Aug 25, 2010

Last Period Start Date.....Thu Jul 22, 2010.....Approx. Ovulation Date.....Thu Aug 5, 2010 Approx. Next Period....Thu Aug 19, 2010 does this all sound about rite ?????

and now you saying you had pink on the 19th of your expected period?????

which sound like implant bleeding

What does implantation bleeding look like?
Implantation bleeding is vaginal discharge which usually contains a small amount of pinkish or brownish blood. Only about a third of pregnant women experience implantation bleeding.

When does implantation bleeding usually occur?
It can happen at the time the fertilized egg implants in the uterus, on average between 6 to 12 days past ovulation.

Should I worry about implantation bleeding occurring?
Unless accompanied by cramping, backache or increased bleeding, a small amount of blood being discharged should be considered as implantation bleeding which is nothing to be concerned about.

If this is implantation bleeding, when can I test to see if I am pregnant?
Home pregnancy tests are based on a very simple principle. They work by through the detection of the hormone Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) in a woman’s urine. This hormone is a hormone secreted by the developing placenta shortly after a fertilized egg has been implanted in the uterine lining.

If a woman is pregnant, the amount of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) in her system should be around 25 mIU at 10 dpo (days past ovulation), 50 mIU at 12 dpo, 100 mIU at around two weeks dpo. Because of their high sensitivity factor ( 20 mIU/ml hCG ) in detecting human hCG, both the AimStrip pregnancy tests can confirm pregnancy as early as 6-8 days past ovulation though most women find that the test reports a positive at 9 or 10 days past ovulation.

I know but the pg test said negative, and the back ache is the same as the uti back aches i was having a few weeks ago, i think i could still have it... Ok so are you saying that I may benefit from taking another pregnancy test in a week or so? And the back ache could be something to worry about if its not the uti pains like i thought? wow, ok i will wait and take a test next week, but im still going to try and get in to see my doctor because if the back aches have to do with a possibility of being pregnant im nervous..

Thank you for all that info, im printing it out now as I type... Much appreciated for your input. :-)

back ache can be related i had it with this pregnancy i found out at 4 week pregnant ....
i am glad that my info has helped you

but i also had other symptoms that went with it like cramps and what felt like the stitch and i dreamt i had a positive pregnancy test so i took one to prove my self wrong but was mistaken ... use you FMU (first morning urine that will give you a correct result cause that has the most hormone in your urine

yes it has, but i should of been able to test today looking at your calculations which i did. They were individually wrapped in white pg test kids, the cartridges with dropper, I don't know how many hcgs they test at but being a clinic im assuming the lowest you can test for and I'm in that catagory from those calculations right? I'm so frazzled i dunno what is wrong with me, plus im not sure if you read my post when i said i did have a normal period for 1 day so it wasn't clear pink the whole time just the next day then all ended.... Thanks~! :-)

did you use your first morning urine??? or did you use urine later on in the day cause if you have had a drink or 2 it waters down your hcg levels and they wont be pick up on a test unless you are over 12-14 weeks pregnant

No I did not use first urine, I brought another one home today I'm going to try tomorrow morning! Thanks!

I have been having these very same syptoms with every 2nd or 3rd period for years now. iv been to many doctors and had many diff tests done as i hav a history of endometriosis and blocked tubes but none of them can find anything amiss to explain this irregularity. however they do tell me its not anything to worry about

Had sex 11-23 during fertile stage got period yesterday and today my shade is light transparent pink

Can ne one tell me what this means