Hi, guys. I have been suffering from excessive sweating and I really don’t know what to do. I have read somewhere about removal of apocrine glands in the axilla (armpit). I am considering doing this, but I am still not sure. Maybe someone here could give me some advice. Is there anyone? I would appreciate it.

Hi, there. The condition of excessive sweating is also known as hyperhidrosis. If it has unknown cause, then we refer to it as primary hyperhidrosis. Secondary is usually associated with other endocrine or nervous system disorders. You should check out first if you have some of these disorders. If you have them, then you should treat the underlying cause, not the consequence. You should also try with the conventional treatment like topical antiperspirants, sympatholytics, anxyolytics and sedatives. Botox injections are also helpful. Consult an expert. I wouldn’t recommend you immediate surgical removal before trying other options.