I have very strange problem. Since yesterday suddenly I start to sweat a lot. It didn’t happen to me before. I heard about hyperhidrosis but I think that it’s not my problem. Maybe I’m allergic to something. Can excessive sweating be symptom of an allergy? Did anybody have this kind of experience?

Yes, it can. Excessive sweating not related to exercise is one of the most usual symptoms of food allergy. People who are allergic to certain food can suddenly start to sweat after they ate that food. Think about it, maybe allergy is your problem. You can go and do some allergy tests.

Hi, I have the same issue when i eat most types of chocolate and some brands of potato chips. I think i've nailed it down to cottonseed oil. I am now experiencing a strong sweating reaction, but I only had a cup of coffee, which i supplemented with some vitamin D milk out of the office fridge. Not sure if the cow was eating cottonseeds or what! I don't think Vitamin D is an allergen.

yes sweating for me is everytime I have MSG, so I dont have alot of box food, and package foods.

I sweat after 4 hours after drinking alcohol . To clarify , it can be one beer, single glass of wine or even a non -alcoholic beer. The timing would suggest some type of metabolite to a unknown component within the beverage ,and not related to the alcohol itself. Any suggestions?

In the spring when much seasonal allergies start to pick up I start to sweat excessively in my underarms, could also be related to that and not be oral.

As it just happened yesterday, I was eating at a restaurant with my wife. She had just finished a cup of Mushroom soup and a cheese & spinach quiche, when she complained of getting hot. I helped her out of her over-shirt. Then she said the room was beginning to get dark; "did they turn the lights down?" Then she said she was getting dizzy, and I noticed she was panting, then hanging her head down on the table. Her top was soaked with sweat! I told her to move back into the corner of the booth. After she did, she leaned back, and went silent; her legs and arms began shaking violently in spasm. I knew immediately she was now entering anaphylaxis shock! By now I had my face next to her mouth. I didn't feel any breath, so I slapped her face twice and spoke her name. She started to stir, and I then looked for the manager, motioning for her to come fast! My wife usually carries a small bottle of Antihistamine, but it was absent from her new purse, as she had recently changed the contents, omitting the medicine. And no, she wasn't carrying an Epipen, as I she was supposed to be doing! Needless to say, I was able to revive her. Then she had presence of mind to want to go throw up her lunch, which she did after downing a glass of cold water that I got for her. She felt much better. Then we went to a pharmacy and got some liquid Antihistamine. Tomorrow, she will go get an Epipen. I will make sure this is done and we're carrying it. Also, she wasn't wearing her medic-alert for this! She has been so stubborn! But I was the one that knew what was happening, and helped her come out of it. I told her to never put me in this situation again!
I don't know why "Hot-Sweating" is not a part of most symptoms lists? But it should be! If I wasn't astute to the situation she could be dead now! She had stopped breathing! I'd never experienced an episode like this with her before. She has had several times when she sunk to the floor, turning blue and gasping for breath! But this was different. Her "lights" went out gradually, but quickly within 5 min. or so.
So my advice is, get tested, carry an Epipen, and or Antihistamine, and watch what you eat!