Hi, folks. I have some excessive sweating in my armpits lately. It seems I have something that they call hydradenitis suppurativa in axilla. I would really like to handle this, so I would really like to find out the best treatment for this. I hope someone here will give me some advice. Thanks.

Hi, there. You should first establish what is causing your hydradenitis. If there is a known cause, then you should treat it. This is called secondary hydradenitis. The usual causes are endocrine disorders or the ones coming from nervous system. If there isn’t a known cause, then we are talking about primary hydradenitis. You can try with topical antiperspirants. Some drugs may also help like anxiolytics, sedatives or sympaticolytics. Botox injections can also help. There is also possibility of iontophoresis. Radiation is another treatment. You may consider surgical removal of apocrine glands. However, I recommend you consulting a specialist about all these issues.