Hi, folks. My brother has been diagnosed with a severe form of hidradenitis suppurativa. As far as I understand, it is an excessive sweating with a suppuratives inflammation. I would like to know what treatment is efficient here. Someone mentions infliximab. Is this really an efficient drug? What is your opinion on this?

Hello, there. You should take this HS seriously. Since it is in severe form, it won’t go away. I think that antibiotics alone won’t be enough. Infliximab can help. It consists of antibodies that attack TNF-alpha. TNF stands for Tumour Necrosis Factor. This is an important inflammation mediator and plays important role there. Consult your brother’s specialist for more details. Bye!

Really? I could swear that this is nothing serious and that I can just use some hidradenitis suppurativa natural treatment to deal with it. Guess not. I had it of course, under my armpit. It appears in the summer, probably because of the epilation of my armpit and because I really do use so many deodorants, I don't care when - as soon as I do the epilation or not. Whenever this appears, I try to get rid of it alone and then I use some antibacterial cream... But now I see why this is coming back always. I guess that I really need to visit the doctor, right?