Hi, I have symptoms of restless leg syndrome, I can not sit in one place for long period of time. I need something to make it possible for me to rest and my hair is falling off. Is there any relation between these conditions?

Restless Legs Syndrome is a feeling of discomfort in the legs when resting or while laying in the bed. It is relieved when standing or walking about. It can have mild to severe form and it affects all ages. In severe cases there is significant, unpleasant feeling in the legs or even pain, and usual things like watching TV or generally sitting still in one plae for some time becomes unbearable activity. The worst thing is loss of sleep due to inability to keep still in one place. A person affected needs to move, in order to feel good. Staying up al night is sometimes seen, since the condition is worsted as the day goes to its end. Hair loss is completely different issue and there is not any obvious relation between these two conditions.

I hope you are still checking the board - I have RLS and have for years. I have tried hard not to move forward with depressant medications such as Requip. My Dr. recently told me that some of his patients have suggested drinking water with Quinine. (Quinine used to be the treatment years ago before pharma. got involved with this mysterious syndrome)

So I tried it and I have really noticed a difference...not cured but a huge improvement.

You can get bottled water w/Quinine at any grocery store in the water section. I have been drinking the Canada Dry club soda. I drink it down like a shot because it does not taste good. I really hope this helps you too.

As far as the hair loss, get your thyroid checked...hair loss is a common symptom. If it is your thyroid...ask for a natural thyroid i.e. Armour, to treat T3 and T4. (Synthroid - a synthetic replacement only treats T4 and as a result expects the T4 to stimulate T3 - it doesn't)

Good luck

I too have RLS and am pregnant and losing my hair...again. Have sought many Dr.'s for the alpocia areata and found only steroid injections in my scalp to help. They are very painful and have to be repeated every month. I decided to try an herbalist who helped me more than anyone. He had me do a candida cleanse and follow a strict diet. I never felt better and my hair started growing back without the steroids.
If you can't sleep, your body can't recharge and becomes "stressed". That is believed to be one of the factors in alopecia areata. You still should seek Dr. advice and do some lab tests for thyroid, serum ferritin levels and the like to rule out other factors. If you don't find the results you're looking for in traditional medicine, don't be afraid to seek advice from a reputable herbalist.

Yes, Restless Leg Syndrome is caused by Estrogen Dominance. Estrogen Dominance is caused by chemicals that pretend to be estrogen. Too much estrogen causes magnesium deficiency, and Vitamin B deficiency that causes leg twitching and burning.

Estrogen Dominance also causes thyroid receptor becoming less sensitive.

You begin to look hypothyroid.

Then the hair falls out.

**edited by moderator**

So what shoule be done to treat this issue?