Hello, I hope I am on the right place. My husband suffers from restless leg syndrome. He is on drug therapy only and drug does control his symptoms but I was hoping that there are some other options for treatment. Is there anything out to treat Restless Leg Syndrome beside the drugs? Thanks.

Treatment for Restless Leg Syndrome depends on the individual characteristics of the case. Drug therapy is recommended in severe cases, physicians choose from dopaminergics, benzodiazepines, opioids, and anticonvulsants. Other therapy options are behavior therapy, for mild cases…that means walking, stretching, yoga; massage, hot or cold baths and relaxation rituals help alleviate the symptoms. For patients with anemia or low iron levels, increasing iron intake can alleviate or eliminate the condition and there is Transcutaneous Electric Nerve Stimulation. It helps to reduce nighttime leg jerking in patients experiencing severe RLS by applying electrical stimulation to an area of the feet or legs.

I have RLS and have for years. I have tried hard not to move forward with depressant medications such as Requip. My Dr. recently told me that some of his patients have suggested drinking water with Quinine. (Quinine used to be the treatment years ago before pharma. got involved with this mysterious syndrome)

So I tried it and I have really noticed a difference...not cured but a huge improvement.

You can get bottled water w/Quinine at any grocery store in the water section and it is cheap. I have been drinking the Canada Dry club soda w/quinine. I drink it down like a shot because it does not taste good. I really hope this helps you too. I drink it every day, now.

Good luck

You should try chiropractic..... There is limited studies, but many recorded case studies have shown promising results. I know it helped me....
good luck, and get off those drugs.....not good for you....