Dear Intellectuals and repliers,

Yesterday in an ultra sound report it was found out that the fetus ( 22 weeks and 2 days) has everything normal except one observation. The right lateral ventricle is mildly prominent and its size is 10mm.

My query is whether its normal. If is is abnormal how to go about it. A doctor was saying wait and watch but I can't go on this principle as it my own baby. Another doctor was saying regarding doppler colou test. Whether it is benefitial?.

The size of 10mm regarding either or both lateral ventricles is, to add more to the confusion you already are in, just around the limit what is considered normal. That is why it's very important to continue monitoring the further development, especially because there was no other sign that would point to any kind of abnormality - this just might be some developmental stage at which some things are a little bit out of limits. You will have to have additional ultrasounds, just to make sure, but still, your baby is fine overall - that is why your doctor said you'll have to wait. Baby's development goes at its own rhythm and since there are no major reasons to concern, try to keep yourself calm as much as you can and even though its hard when your baby is in question. Keep us posted on how things go and wish you both the best!

Dear Friend,

What happen after delivery? Im also in same confutation. In ultrasound report  lateral ventricle is 10mm.

Please revert if its a serious matter.

I met wth same problem .. I had my ultrasound in 22 week and lateral ventricle size 9.9 mm . Please help me n suggest what to do

Does the child will become normal or not if one of the ventricle is 9.9mm

Hi i can see that you asked this question year ago. is you baby normal?

i'm in the same situation. Please reply.