Hi. I'm 26 weeks pregnant and recently had a level 2 ultrasound revealing a 4 cm spot white spot on my baby's liver. The doctor is puzzled and doesn't know what this could be, although he is thinking it probably isn't serious since it's in the liver versus the heart, brain, bowels, or kidneys.The ultrasound tech suggested it looked like a possible gall stone. Can anyone shed any light on what this could be? Thanks! AMS

My daughter is 26 weeks pregnant and has been told that her baby has two calcium deposits on his liver. The Peri-natologist told her it could be a symptom of Downs Syndrome. Is your baby o.k.? Thanks!

Hallo,
Did your doctor give you any more details about this calcification on your babies liver? Have you run any blood test to confirm this condition? This is not a simple thing and it is sometimes hard for doctor to have a right diagnosis this condition with an ultrasound. I am not sure what can this condition cause to the development of your baby but you have to be very careful in next period what you eat or drink. Have you been taking any vitamins or supplements during your pregnancy? Could this be the cause of the calcification on the liver? What the doctor suggested to do next and did he tell you about possible treatment?
I hope this helped a bit

Sorry to bug you. I'm experiencing the same thing now. I'm 20 weeks pregnant. Wondering now, how is your baby? If you don't mind answering because can't find anything about this question. Thank you :) I appricated!

I'm going through the same thing after going to my 20 week Ultrasound. Now I'm waiting for blood tests to come back. Any advice? I'm very worried and can't find anything on this?

Hi, just going through his myself - 19 week scan showed calcium deposits on baby, and that baby is smaller than normal (in 18 percentile of size.) And possible extra heart vessel. Very worried. Would love to hear how you all are as I wait for the latest blood results.

Please don't worry about calcification spots on the liver. They happen and are not necessarily a sign of anything serious. I was 20 wks pregnant and was told to terminate because they thought my baby boy had contracted a disease from me. I had high anti body levels for CMV. But... They were wrong. The anti bodies they were referring to are long term anti bodies and therefore did not relate to the spot. Spots happen and are not anything to worry about if that's the only symptom. My boy is now 7 and is an incredible boy. Imagine if I'd gone with the recommendation to terminate?? Enjoy your pregnancies, don't let worry steal your precious time.

Thank you for your update. We've been trying to find answers ever since our 22 week ultrasound found multiple calcifications. We did testing for Down syndrome and trisomys 13 and 18. All came back negative. We also were tested for CMV and toxoplasmosis. The toxo was negative but the cmv showed a past infection so they don't think that's causing it. I'm now 28 weeks and we still do not have answers. We're basically monitoring baby's growth (growing perfectly) and seeing if the calcifications go to his brain or heart which they haven't yet. It's encouraging to know your child is perfectly healthy

Hello Dear,

I hope you are doing great. How is your baby? Is there any development with the calcification?