I went for my first 8 weeks ultrasound last week and the Obstetrician told me the fetus' heartbeat was 168 bpm and that this was normal. My husband and I noticed that in the ultrasound screen it said 107 bpm. The Dr then gave me an ultrasound report with the Fetus size and it stated 168 bpm on the heartbeat rate. He also gave me a print of the ultrasound picture and it again says 107 bpm. I'm afraid that there could be something wrong and the Dr didnt notice or tell me. He is quite arrogant and I'm embarrased about calling him to ask. He is a well know professional here and I don't want to disturb my relationship with him. Could it be possible that there is a lower heartbeat and the Dr didnt notice?

It is possible that the alternate number (107) was something else or that it was taken when the sound doppler was moved so it didn't get a full cycle. However 168 is normal and the next time you see your doctor ask if they can check the heart beat again (it might be too early for a normal fetal doppler so you might luck out and get another ultrasound).

Hi, My sister is pregnant, and she is about 10 weeks along and when she went for her ultasound the baby's heartbeat was 208 bpm! they told her that this isn't normal and that the baby could have a heart condition, has this happened to anyone else, i am very worried about it, this is her first baby and she is very excited! Just need some advice and pray the baby will be okay!