Hi. I have cystic acne on my face. I am very depressed because of that. I have tried so many OTC products, but without any success. My dermatologist gave me antibiotics, but I can`t see any improvement at all. What to do? Please reply.

Hi. I have cystic acne on my face and shoulders. I have also tried OTC products, but they just treat your symptoms, not the cause of cystic acne. They can`t prevent light acne from progressing into cystic acne. A friend of mine told me to try Skintactix acne cleansers and Green tea poultice. She said they will eliminate or reduce my cystic acne for sure. I`ve heard Skintactix products controls cystic acne in 90% of cases. They contain linoleic acid. Diet is also recommended for people who suffer with cystic acne. You should eat foods rich in linoleic acid/omega 6 oils.

I have had acne cystic and "regular" on my face from 10 to 21 years of age. I am now 27 and my face is pretty clear. I tried everything too, including prescriptions and nothing worked like it should have. When I was 21 I was looking in a book of "home remedy's" to clear acne and I found a section that said that drinking milk can cause acne and also beef. Well, I quit drinking milk and cut out any dair (including pizza) and within 2-3 weeks I practically had a clear face. I was sooooooooooooooo happy that it worked. Everybody notice a difference. I still ate beef though. The book never explained why the products would affect me. A couple years later I tried lactose free milk and I got acne again. Than I tried organic milk and it never came back. My body must not like the hormones and antibiotics they give cows. It is a fact that milk give me acne for some reason. When I met my husband he did not believe it and so I tested it again. After a week 4 or 5 days of drinking milk I broke out bad. And I quit after I broke out and my face cleared right up. He was actually shocked. I dont know how many other people are affected to milk like me but I hope my info helps someone because I sure wish I knew sooner. Doctors never told me and they also dont know how it can affect people. Also I did have a hormone test in late teens that came out normal and I easily bacame pregant and have regular periods, so nothing is wrong with me physically hormonally. :-D :-D :-D

one word. accutane!

Lol. no one believes me either. I proved it to my family, but my doctor still says its not the cause...
And accutane has too many side affects...

I made the connection between dairy and my cystic acne two or three years ago, I generally have clear skin apart from these massive spots which occasionally appeared and made my life  miserable, its being going on since i was 13-14 and has persisted throughout my life, i'm now 30. Back then I was drinking whey protein shakes after the gym and developed acne on my back and shoulders, where I had never had it before, as well as on my face. The spots  start as small itchy painful bumps and then if I am lucky disappear, if i'm not lucky they get really red, swollen and painful and can take forever to clear. The penny dropped affter being on holiday for a week or two and not drinking the whey shakes but having a similar diet and my skin clearing, only to get bad again after I got home and started drinking the shakes. The spots don't appear straight away, they usually take 2-3 days, but sometimes it can be as long as 5 days, but they always come. I think it is the fact that there is this delay in response to dairy which is why it took me so long to make the connection. But as soon as the penny dropped I did some research and found a variety of scientific journals which reported the linkage, as well as a number of posts in various forums and online sources which discussed the relationship. I performed a few tests of my own and am now fully aware of the linkage between eating foods that contain dairy and my acne. I now make efforts to avoid all food that contains dairy, sometimes I am more successful than others and my failure gets written upon my face. The problem is that dairy, especially whey protein, is in so much processed food these days that its incredibly difficult to avoid unless you're cooking all your own meals and starting from scratch. The times when I can avoid dairy then I have great skin and feel awesome about it and are worth the effort. 

I've also noticed that the less dairy I have and the longer I have gone between eating dairy when I do get it wrong I am much more likely to get spots. However, I have recently begun thinking that milk and derivatives aren't the only cause because sometimes I have spots when I know that I haven't eaten dairy in several weeks. I have now started thinking that beef may also be provoking my skin although I think it is much less potent at causing the spots. A recent breakout came after a holiday when we ate out a lot and I had a lot of steak, and again after a weekend when I had a BBQ and also a chilli. with this in mind I'm about to cut all beef from my diet for a few weeks to see if there is a change. 

So if anyone is reading this and can see similarities between my description of my acne and what they experience then take my advice and ditch milk, cheese and butter. read packaging and avoid anything which contains anything dairy related. keep it up for a few weeks and see what happens. It beats spending a load of cash and hope on in-effective products and having to put up with ignorant doctors who are only interested in controlling symptoms and not rooting out the cause. 

good luck and chin up