I just learned that my little sister was diagnosed with myopathy. She has been going to a doctor for past several days. They did various types of tests, examined her from head to toes and finally determined the diagnose. I have to admit, I was not paying much attention to what doctor was speaking. I just wanted to see her, to go home together. My parent mentioned mitochondria miopathy. Is that more dangerous type of myopathy or not?

Myopathy by itself is a degenerative disease that affects certain muscles of our body, causing patient's overall weakness. There are benign types and more serious ones. Mitochondria myopathy occurs very rarely and its basic characteristic is hyper metabolic condition of the patient with intensive sweating, polydipsia, poliphagia, heat intolerance and muscle weakness. These are some basic facts, for rest I really think you should ask your sister's doctor.