My 8yr old daughter was diagnosed with Nemaline rod Myopathy. She has orthodontic problems - crowding of teeth due to very arched palate. What course of treatment can we follow to assist her?

To be specific, what course of treatment are you referring to? Are you talking about helping her with her orthodontic problems? I'm not sure if an orthodontist would be able or willing to treat someone with nemaline rod myopathy, but I think it's a good idea to talk to one if that is what you are referring to. Does this help? Please keep us posted.

I am a girl with NM. I have a very high palete and my teeth were pretty crowded. I had an expander and I currently have braces. I would do what your orthodontist suggests. If you want her to have braces, there should be no problem with that. I would ask about an expander also, but she may need teeth pulled fora straighter smile (which is common in many kids). But everyone's mouth is different, so it is hard to say what would be best for her. Hope I could help! :-D

can you please tell me what was your daughters age? Can it be done on a patient who is 4 years old