Hi, I had root canal infection causing me great pain. Dentist gave me some antibiotics and pain killers and made me another appointment, but I believe I don’t have to go since I have no more pain. Should I go to have it checked anyway?

Hi, I had root canal infection like you; the dentist took some antibiotics and thought I don’t have to go any more. But, four months later infection returned, because it wasn’t treated properly. A root canal infection should be treated seriously, because it could spread to other areas of the face and skull. If the tooth is dead and gets infected, protective immune cells can not reach it and kill the infection, so the problem increases. The tissue surrounding the root canal infection becomes inflamed and produces great pain. It’s not enough only to use antibiotics for a few days, because dead tissue must be removed and the canals cleaned to prevent any further spreading of infection.