Hi, I around two years ago I noticed an enlarged lymph node under my jaw. I knew I needed a root canal on one of my teeth directly on top of it. I had the root canal done, but the lymph node under my jaw is still just as large. It's almost the size of a marble, and I can move it. It's not fixed. It's under my jaw and I can grab it and move it just to the outside of my jaw. Sometimes I have pains in my jaw where I had the root canal but I guess those are just phantom pains or something. I find myself constantly worrying and messing with my lymph node and figured I should probably go see a doctor or go back to my dentist, I'm just wondering what to expect. I'm 22 in decent health and this is the only lymph node that is enlarged.

same with me, swollen lymph node (possibly tonsilar?) on my right side, ever since root canal. don't know why, took penicillin after the root canal, but now it's been two months and it's still swollen. think it might be the cigarettes. going to ask the doctor tomorrow.

**edited by moderator**

Did you ever get a medical opinion on your node NAPSACK? I have an almost identical issue right now.

Hello everyone,

I a 29 year health female. I decided to respond sense I'm still in the process of getting my root canals and waiting on my jaw to heal from removal of a lymph node. I had a swollen node on my ride side of my jaw right under my teeth. I noticed the bump about 2 years ago but once I got my first root canal on my top right molar tooth, the node swelled. I had my ENT doctor check it out and he sent me for x-rays. Everything came back normal but he said i had a cyst under my skin. I decided to let him remove the swollen node but when he got inside my neck he said i had a active lymph node. Doc said more than likely it came from infection and bacteria from my teeth. Lymph nodes fight off infection and if there is constant swell-en of the lymph node, then it's not working properly and needs to be removed. My scar is healing very well from my surgery and I am in the process of having two more root canals. I thank god for having the money to address all these issues but I suggest it's best to get it done so life can go on..Bad teeth can cause several symptoms including swollen lymph nodes. Hope this helps..

I have had an enlarged lymph node under my right jaw for over a year now, i have had biopsies, blood work, ct scan, x-rays, pet scan, took antibiotics, and the doctors still dont know what it is, it does not hurt, but i can feel it every once in a while when i swallow, and i seem to have alot of throat problems whenever i get sick, im a healthy 26 year old male and workout 4 days a week, but the one thing that i think , may be an issue is that i have had a bad molar tooth right above where the node is. im not 100% sure my tooth has been bad the whole time ive had the swollen node, but i am starting to think this can be the problem, the doctor told me that its a possibility it could be the problem, but im tired of being ran around by these doctors, i went to the dentist and he told me there was a slight posibility that the tooth is causing this, but im afraid the dentist will tell me anything to spend 3000 on a root canal, i do not want to get it removed with surgury unless it absolutely neccessary, can someone please help me out on this, i am leaving for the army at the end of june this year and am scared they will not accept me with this problem.

Look for a video called Rooted. Watch it and then have root canalled tooth pulled.

Definitely have it out then no more worries. Its been 2 years of swollen nodes, sore teeth etc where I had mine done. It cost a lot & now I have decided to have them all pulled. Google Dr Weston A Price & root canals. He is the worlds most respected dentist- died in the 40's but his work is still around. Goodluck

Hi, I am experiencing the same. It is a lump under the right corner of my jaw. Been about a month and the old root canal staring to hurt off an on. Since I have a thyroid problem, I had my doctor check and it is not the thyroid. I am getting a CT next week to find out more. It started to feel like I have something blocking my ear. He metioned though that if it a cyst, these are removed. I will keep you posted.

Unfortunately an infected tooth root cannot be "saved" by root canal. Root canal is one of the most dangerous procedures that is still allowed to be preformed. Even the best root canal surgery cannot completely remove all of the root tissue. Leaving this embalmed tooth in the body will allow the infection to continue. Lymphocytes which are part of your immune system will fighting in an endless losing battle attempting to rid the body of the purifying bacteria that is left behind every successful root canal.

If your tooth is infected it needs to be removed.
If it had a root canal, it needs to be removed by an expert that can advise you on how to support the body after this putrefying tooth has been removed.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Thanks! Helped a great deal

I have same problem... i had root canal three months ago because my first molar of the upper jaw right side was abscess and had some pus i was worried about it then i went to the dentist he suggested me Root Canal then it starded when it was third day of RCT dr. Put some cotton in the teeth and called me after three days after this two days later i feel the swelling in lymph node then third day i told to the dr about it he replied it happens no need to be worried then he filled the teeth and after 3 hours i felt lymph node relax but after completion of RCT lymph node again swell within two weeks. But i do not have any pain from the begining.... I'm worried about this lymph node what should i do dentist says RCT is okay :(

Did you ever receive any replies? What has your outcome been? I am in the same position with my lymph nodes and root canal.

Dont get a rooth canal!!...
Ijust had a root canal back in sep2018, my nightmare started in nov. I was always tired. Had problem sleeping.. I could tell there was something wrong w me.. Cancerwas the first thing that come to mind.. Then my left leg, hand were always numb.. Thats when i realized i had to see the dr.. I did had all blood work.. N it come out i had a bad infection.. I was like what? They ask me if i had bad fevers wich i never did!! So they prescribe me antibiotics.after 2 weeks again..i was feeling awful.. Again.. Infection.. This time to a not well taking care cold!! Wich i was really surprised cuz i dont really get sick.. I was like that for 3 months!!!constantly goint to see the dr. Change drs 4times!!! I lost 40lb just thinking omg am gonna die whats going on.. I cant be taking antibiotics all the time.. Steroids.. I had all kinds of test done.. All of them!! Waste so much money.. Cuz my deductives not cheap... Then w the weight lost i notice that all the side of ny left face was a little swollen... Every day y would take pic. N it was getting worst!!!into i started having bad ear aches ao back to the dr. 'oh thats normal" u fine!!..n i was literay crying of pain!!. So one moretime change drs.. Right away antibiotic s again n steroids.. Ctscans nothing.. Then i remember about the rooth canal. I had x rays done. Everything was fine.. No infection.. Then i started looking on line trying to figure out what was happening.. Then i didnt think abput it 2 ice. Visit my dentist and told him.. That crown ita coming off.. Take off my tooth. He try to talk to me and bla bla its not that tooth. Yeah right.. There was nothing that was gonna chance my mind!! I had it removed.. After paying almost 4 G for that rooth canal.. Every one thpugb i was crazy.. Why would u trow all that away.. Well i did it for my health!!! Since i had that tooth taken off i can feel relief!!! Dr. Dont care..as long as they making money w you.. They dont care!!!! They priscribe u some meds and get side effects go back they cover it up stick u w another med.. We just money!!! So if u thinking to get rooth canal like me.. Cuz am a freak when it comes to my teeth they have to be perfect..butnow.. I dont care if am meesing a tooth as long as am healy and medication free am happy... No more pain nothig to worry about..