Hi! I have had so many dental problems lately that I am beginning to wonder what it is all for. My dentist is always very eager to drill, fill and pull, and I have started wondering if that is really always the right approach. Now, my dentist wants to give me a root canal treatment. There must be a more natural way to treat root canals? What do you think?

You may want to start getting second opinions. I used to go to a dentist who was always doing a lot of work on me, doing in-lays and crowns, and charging me a lot of money. After about the 4th one, he told me I needed another in-lay and it was going to cost $1,200. I finally decided to get another opinion. I went to another dentist and found out that all I needed was a filling. It cost $140. This dentist could not believe that the other dentist told me I needed an in-lay. 

In addition, if you have a really small cavity you may not need anything done. A dishonest dentist will not tell you that. A dishonest dentist will want to fill every cavity, even when you don't need a filling. An honest dentist will just keep a close eye on it and won't do anything unless the cavity gets worse. 

The pulp of your tooth, which contains the nerve and tiny blood vessels, can become infected. The pulp has a limited ability to heal itself. This infection can be caused by a deep cavity that reaches the center of the tooth causing the pulp to die, a traumatic injury to the tooth, or an extensive preparation (drilling) of the tooth. The extensive preparation may have been done to prepare the tooth for a crown (cap) or other large preparation for a restoration. The pulp may or may not abscess immediately in these cases. It may take years for a problem to develop. The infected pulp tissue may or may not be painful. It may or may not be visible on a dental radiograph. A tooth with this type of an abscess is not usually extracted because the infection can be treated with endodontic therapy on the tooth. This routine procedure can save the tooth and enable you to avoid the harmful effects of tooth loss. It is successful in more than 90% of the teeth in which the treatment is completed.

More than nature ways artificial ways are best for curing Root Canal. Take this into your account and consult a doctor immediately.

The pulp of your tooth, which contains the nerve and tiny blood vessels, can become infected. The pulp has a limited ability to heal itself.
This infection can be caused by a deep cavity that reaches the center of the tooth causing the pulp to die, a traumatic injury to the tooth, or extensive preparation (drilling) of the tooth. The extensive preparation may have been done to prepare the tooth for a crown (cap) or other large preparation for a restoration.

Please consult a dentist.

Thanks