Hi, I had an oral surgery a month ago, and had a crown (temporary one) on my 31st tooth. I had problems with it in the past, and spent a lot of money trying to fix it. They have cleansed the root canal, removed the nerve… nothing! The pain just won't go away. It is very frustrating, and I don't know what to do. Should I put the crown or wait or whatever?

Hello. This may be a serious problem. On my opinion, you shouldn't waste any more money on your tooth until you learn what is wrong with it. Not to be negative, but if it is causing so much pain, why don't remove it? Maybe I am to haste, but you be the judge, if this doesn't clear up in two months, you should remove it. There is a number of possibilities what this could be: Cracked tooth, unsuccessful root canal treatment, occlusal trauma, gum inflammatory disease. Check this out, and post again.

I am in the process of having a root canal right now and my dentist has told me that if there is still pain after this procedure is completed than he has not done his job right. They have to get all the nerve extracted and even the tiniest amount of nerve being left in the canal can cause problems and infection. If the root canal has failed the only alternative to is pull the tooth as you cannot leave it like that. It can cause major infections. Wendy

Hi,the faster you treat the problem,the better as the infection goes deeper with time and the cure/treatment increases.Write back to update us and good luck.