Greetings, I am a guy who is 20 years old. The nerve was removed from my tooth couple of days ago. They call it a root canal infection. I want to know more about it, because that way I may prevent it from happening next time. Why did they remove a nerve from my tooth? Is there something I could do? Is this condition serious?

Hello, I will help you best I can. This is not too difficult to explain. You should wash your teeth regularly and properly. The nerve is removed now and the canals are cleaned. If this isn't done, the infection could spread to the surrounding bone and can lead to dental abscess. That is why this has to be done. You should consult your dentist about proper use of toothbrush. Your teeth should be washed at least twice a day properly. Maybe you should consider using dental floss as well. That is about it.