I have had a salty taste in my mouth with ear pain and a swollen lump in my left gland I had a removal of cells off of my windpipe in january and I had moderate dysplasia could this be due to that? Has anyone had this problem? sweet things taste terrible along with water, pop, coffee ect... I have read where a lot of people have had that salty taste but has anyone learned anything from a doctor about it.

Hi Colleen, I am thinking that it is possible that the salty taste in your mouth is caused by the swollen lump in your left gland. Have you been able to see a doctor about it? I think that the salty taste is due to a glandular imbalance which is why you'd want to have that looked at as soon as you can. Are you able to do that? Maybe you're the one who can let us know what the result is so that everyone else can have an answer. Does anyone else have an idea?

Hi, Colleen,
This can be several thing and one of them can be problem with your saliva. Chemical composition of saliva may change in response to hydration. Are you drinking enough liquids? If you are experiencing long time dehydration, you may have saltier saliva.You could take a close look at what you drink. Have you changed your drinking habits?

I have an extremely salty taste and not sure if its due to a tooth pulled a few months ago. Also swollen lymph node at times. Had a couple of infections which were treated. Now constant salty taste. Also thought perhaps dry mouth but have been using OTC for it and not better and drinking tons of water. Did you find out what the cause was? It's driving me crazy..........