WHAT COULD BE THE CAUSE? EVEN AFTER THE USE OF TOOTHPASTE, I STILL FEEL SALT IN MY MOUTH. AM I PREGNANT OR WHAT?

Here are a couple of thoughts. This could be a side-effect of a medication that you might be taking. Another idea is that you might have post-nasal drip. Do you have allergies? Do you have other health problems that might be related. Do you have any other symptoms that might not be as noticable?

How much water are you consuming daily? I'd like to hear more about this.

I have the same question as dsdesk! How much water do you consume on a daily basis? I can see where you are concerned about pregnancy, because when you are pregnant your hydration level seems to be zapped. My friend is currently five months pregnant and she is forced to keep a gallon size container of water by her bed at night and has complained about the salty taste in her mouth during the day. Is the salty feel in your mouth more prominent during the middle of the day and during warmer weather?

If you are concerned about pregnancy, you should most certainly take a test and settle your mind.

Hi:
Are you feeling better now? We'd really be interested in knowing what the cause of your symptom was or is. I hope that you have found relief now. Were the ideas in our previous posts helpful. I have seen at least one other post with the same symptom. Please let us know what you found out and what the treatment was, if you've seen a doctor. If not, did the symptom go away on its own? Let us know.

***this post is edited by moderator *** ***
private e-mails not allowed***
Please read our Terms of Use I do alot of research to find cures fpr medical problems that the doctors cannot find answers to. They do the physical side of stuff , i do it dietically. WELL, I USED TO use alkaline water for my health. Once my health got better, i stopped using it and then my mouth became salty all the time. I read somewhere on the net about trying water with lemon in it and then i realized that when i did drink water with lemon juice in it before i stopped, that i never had that problem with the salty taste in my mouth so i have gone back to drinking water with some lemon juice in it and guess what! it has disappeared again. You make water alkaline by adding a little lemon juice to it. I make it up by the pitcher and i just add some drops of lemon juice directly to the pitcher...i cant be as easy as this...but it is true, really!. Water with lemon juice will clear up a salty taste in the mouth .