You would not believe me when I say what kind of problems I am experiencing.
I'm 23 year old female and I got this strange problem that is hunting me for over than four months.
I have a salty taste in my mouth that won't go away. Everything i eat taste salty as well.
It doesn't matter how many times I brush my teeth (and tongue) or what I eat or drink, the salty taste won't go away.
I really don’t know what could cause this kind of symptoms.
Can you tell me what causes this and if I should see my doctor?
Please help!

Like you said, this is a very strange and unusual problem but nothing that can't be medically explained.
There are a few possible explanations for your problem. This kind of condition is called Phantom taste. I’ll try to name some possible reasons.
The chemical composition of saliva may change in response to hydration. If this is the case, you could relieve your symptoms by taking more fluid and dilute it.
You could also be experiencing some sinus problems.
Bacterial sinusitis, for example, can cause bad breath and a foul taste in one's mouth.
I don’t know do are you familiar with the fact that tears are also very salty.
The tear ducts drain into the nasal cavity and once tears enter the nasal cavity, they drain down the back of the throat.
So, like you see, it can be numerous reasons that can lead to your problem. Try to eliminate one by one and there is your solution.

I have also experienced a salty taste all the time with altered taste with all foods especially sweets. I have been to my primary care who took blood work and all was fine, an Ear Nose and Throat doctor who took vitamin deficiency tests and a MRI to exclude a stroke or brain tumor. All were fine. Also I saw a Neurologist who is now taking more blood work for dry mouth syndrome and I am also going out of my mind. This has been going on for 6 weeks and I sympathize with you. I do find that chewing sugar free gum helps and water with lemon. Also I would suggest getting tested for vitamin B-12 and Zinc. If anyone else has this problem please help us. I want to be able to taste food again and enjoy it. I am 57 years old and never had anything like this in my life. I am also gettting more and more depressed. Good Luck to you. :-(

I have had the same problem, only it started because my salivary glands were swollen below my tongue and under my chin. I went to an oral surgeon my friend who's a dentist suggested, and he put me on antibiotics and steroids to see if the problem would clear up. I've had dry-mouth and a salty taste in my mouth almost since the beginning of the problem. (Almost all of July) The swelling is gone, so it seems to be a little better, but the salty taste and dry mouth is still there. I'm hoping it will go away without anymore drastic measures. Hope your problem clears up too!

I HAVE ALSO HAD A SALTY TASTE IN MY MOUTH FOR ABOUT 2 MONTHS NOW. THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY. NO MATTER WHAT I EAT IT STILL STAYS SALTY TASTING. I FEEL LIKE I AM EATING ROCK SALT ALL THE TIME. I TRY TO EAT SWEET THINGS HOPING IT WILL CHANGE THE TASTE IN MY MOUTH BUT IT DOESN'T HELP AT ALL. IF ANYONE FINDS OUT WHAT TO DO ABOUT THIS I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT. IF I DO I WILL BE SURE TO PASS THE WORD ON.... :'(

I have the same problem periodically, and find that a change in diet seems to help. Eliminate coffee/tea, salt, alcohol from your diet, and drink extra water. This should help over a week or two.

Did anyone ever find out what is causing this????
I have been having the same proplem for the past 3 days.
Ihave a salty taste in my mouth that will not go away.
Iwent to my Dr and she put me on a decongestant, she says it may be from a post nasal drip. I do not see it, but I will try anything.

Did you ever find out what was causing this for you????
I am having same proplem.
I am dying to know why this is happening, ther has to be something that causes this.
I feel like someone poured a box of salt in my mouth.

My brother has had a cough for three months, although he has no infection. He coughs white mucus and is left with a salty taste in his mouth. He has been diagnosed with an irregular heart beat and is taking medication to thin his blood so he can be treated. Is there a connection with the heart problem and the salty mouth? What should he do?

Yeah.. My lower lip and back teeth are starting to taste salty as well...

And not being able to find out what is causing it is really leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

I am suffering from exactly the same problem and it is driving me mad. Some parts of my tongue even look red and feel like I've burned myself. I've had it now for about 4 months non stop. Looking at the internet an awful lot of people seem to be suffering from this problem, so why is there no straight medical explanation for this? My doctor has no idea what is causing this and actually looks at me as if I am making this up. Please someone - help!

the salty taste could also be an artifact related to mild seizure activity in the brain. i'm not suggesting that this is what your issue is, but it is a possibility.

2nd time this is happening to me. First time, I just quit using salt period. I stopped eating food that tasted salty to me ... even cookies, especially processed sandwich meats. I was told I would get enough sodium from processed foods, but I stayed away from anything processed. I cooked my food ... real food. Months later, I got brown spots in my mouth. I think it was because I was sodium deficient. I started using salt again and I'm back to the same problem more than 1 year later. My mouth burns from the salt in food. What's up with this?

Whenever I am very thirsty or have not eaten yet that day, my mouth beings to taste very salty. I first noticed that when I took a big sip of water and thought that someone had tricked me by putting razy amounts of salt in my bottle. But now I know that it is not a trick, I still experience this salty taste in my mouth and on my lips all the time. I think I have not been drinking enough water. Just wanted to post to suggest that anyone who is experiencing this try and drink 2 liters (8cups) of water a day for a week and the problem will probably go away. I do not include salt in my diet, but think that perhaps the salty taste is my body telling me I am thirsty... not sure

If you are still having salty taste in your mouth for weeks where even water taste disgusting, you need to make sure you are not taking Lamisil. I had this problem within 6 weeks of taking the drug. It very dangerous drug. Better use a topical treatment for nail fungus