my wife has had this salt taste in her mouth over a year now we have tried everything its driving her mad everything she eats or drinks tastes of salt in the morning when she wakes up its like she has swollowed a pot of salk can anyone help

Hello there! Well I found a few possible explanations for your problem. If she's chronically dehydrated, she may have saltier saliva. Is your wife drinking enough liquids? The best liquid in her case is a pure water, no coffee, no juices... Bacterial sinusitis, as well, can cause bad breath and a foul taste in her mouth, that could be the salty taste she feels. Nasal allergy might also be salty. Another possible cause of the salty taste could be infection, specifically an infection of the sinuses. I would recommend and encourage her to go a trained physician for a more thorough diagnosis and treatment plan. Here's a web site where you could maybe find some more information about that:
https://www.steadyhealth.com/What_is_causing_salty_taste_in_mouth__t53857.html
I hope this will help you and she'll get better soon.

thanks for taking the time to reply