I am happy to have found this site and find that I am not the only one suffering with this problem. I have had a salty taste in my mouth for 8 months now. It started with a sinus infection. Antibiotics cleared up the infection, but the taste has remained since that time. I have always consumed a lot of water each day, so I know it is not dehydration. I have been to my family physician, dentist, oral surgeon and neurologist and none have been able to help me. The neurologist took an MRI and EEG stating that sometimes strokes, tumors, seizures, and virual infections can cause this problem. All of my test came back normal. He wanted to start me on a seizure medication anyway, stating this might help the problem. After being on the medication for only two days, it made me nauseous and I had to quit taking it. The nerologist states that it is not really a salty taste in the mouth, but is the part of the brain where the senses is sending out a false signal. I'm not sure if I believe that or not. I have been doing some research on the Internet and have found there is a specialist called a Otolaryngologist that deals with taste problems. I am going to look to see if we have one in the area where I live. I am also considering taking the Ginkgo Biloba herb to see if it might help. If I find anything that helps me, I will be sure to pass it on. I hope we can all find something to help us with this problem. No one can understand how annoying it is until you live with it.

WELL, I USED TO use alkaline water for my health. Once my health got better, i stopped using it and then my mouth became salty all the time. I read somewhere on the net about trying water with lemon in it and then i realized that when i did drink water with lemon juice in it, that i never had that problem with the salty taste in my mouth so i have gone back to drinking water with some lemon juice in it and guess what! it has disappeared again. You make water alkaline by adding a little lemon juice to it. I make it up by the pitcher and i just add some drops of lemon juice directly to the pitcher...i cant be as easy as this...but it is true. Water with lemon juice will clear up a salty taste in the mouth :-). if you need anymore help you can contact me at resourcelady63@gmail.com

Jonnie, did you ever get rid of the salty mouth taste? I'm suffering from it and want to contact all who wrote to find if they have the answer to getting rid of it.Thank you.Chris

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use