Hi, I have recently noticed salty taste in my mouth. I avoid to eat salty food and don’t know what could be the reason. What causes salty taste in mouth?

Hi, I had the same problem some time ago. Generally, taste changes in mouth are rarely a sign of a serious health problem. But you need to consider if you are peraps dehydrated, due to insufficient fluid intake. Pay attention to how much water, beverages and other sources of fluid you take every day. Some medications can have side effects, such as anti-thyroid medications and chemotherapy drugs. Diseases of salivary glands can also induce disorders of taste due to changes in saliva. Sometimes, sinus infection or allergy are accompanied by taste changes. Even a nutritional deficiency is sometimes considered to be responsible for disorders of taste.

I only just got this sympton and when I thought about what I had started doing differently the only thing I could find was I had started drinking sugar free soft drink. I stopped them and salty taste went away.

I also started drinking sugar free diet soft drinks a few months ago, and switched from coke to seven up but mostly drink water, this started out with thrush of my mouth do to a lot of anxiety, but that cleared up then this no matter what I drink or eat it taste just like I pored salt in my mouth, please can we all work together to try and get some relief from this its uncomfortable its not pain,its hard to describe,thank you all I have been trying to figure it out now for over 6 months,doctors have no idea..I noticed the bottom of my feet felt like I was walking on sand paper,it also is not pain doctor at first thought it was nurophaty due to a diebedic but it turned out it wasent,I am just bafled buy it.thank you all.

I to drink diet soda, have drinked it for years, I don't think that is my problem. Thing that I think is causing mine is a blood pressure medicine, clonidine. I started off with dry mouth, then the salty tast came later. I also take a medicine amiodarone that can mess up your thyroid. Going to get it checked out soon. I also don't drink enough water. Going to try to do the more water thing.