Hi, I have this strange salty taste in my mouth lately. I brush my teeth all the time, try to avoid any salt in diet, but the salty taste won't go away. Then suddenly it's gone. This happened to me three times already. What is going on?

There are a few possible explanations for your problem, but the origin for salty taste can be in the mouth or brain. Smell and taste are intertwined, so many tastes of unknown origin are, in fact, "phantom smells." But, I don’t believe this is bothering you. If you are chronically dehydrated, and your intake of water is insufficient it may you lead to saltier saliva. A lot of caffeine drinks will act as diuretics and stimulate excretion of liquid, what leads to dehydration. Some medications and salivary gland diseases may also induce saltier saliva. To determine precise cause of this condition a medical examination would be advisable.

I think I found the cure for the salty taste in my mouth, I srtated eating fresh mint about 3 to 4 times a day (not too much just 10 leaves), after 15 days I am completely cured, I have no salty taste in my mouth, it worked for me , I hope that it will work for you