Hello, I am terrified because i just had sex and right after i noticed a little rash on my inner thigh. It doesn't hurt but a while back I had sex with a woman who had genital herpes but she had been taking medication and there were no signs of an outbreak and she didn't tell me until afterwards. I went to my doctor and got tested but i only got the swab test *ouch* I got the results back 2 weeks later and it showed that i was negative for everything but herpes. It said nothing about herpes on the report so i made another appointment with my doctor and he said that i didn't have it. I did go to the gym today and showered using irish springs body wash and forgot to bring underwear so i went comando with jeans on. So im not sure if it was the soap, or the jeans or herpes. I really hope that it isn't herpes. I did use a condom this session of sex and the last one. Can it be spread from the thigh to the genitals if i use a condom. Do they areas have to be touching? I am losing my mind. The rash is very small and it is near the back of my inner thigh.

Hello Esai,

if your test for negative for genital herpes, chances are that the rash you're having was most likely caused by friction between your skin and jeans, even though soap might be responsible, too. Is the rash itchy? The other reason why I think your rash is not caused by herpes virus is that any visible changes that genital rash causes are primarily visible on your genitals, rectum or mouth when you contract it through sexual contact. Depending on how long has it been since the contact with the woman who had it, chances are you'd see the changes in these regions within two weeks of infection. But, in this case, if you want to be absolutely on the safe side, you should go for another HPV test (human papilloma virus is what causes genital herpes). 

It's not itchy. The only time it even hurts is when i walk but even then it doesn't feel painful. Just irritating in a very minor way.