can you get shingles near the anul area and only on one side?

Yes, it is possible. But you need to see a doctor to be checked if the bumps (sores, blisters-whatever you developed) are shingles or something else like genital herpes.

If shingles affect female genitals, it may be very painful and itchy. A woman may experience vulval pain which is not comfortable at all.

If you have developed any blisters, you should see a doc to run tests to check for presence of genital herpes (which is an STD) and the presence of varicella-zoster virus (VZV), which is not an STD just a reaction to a chickenpox infection long time ago.

A test often perform to check for shingles is direct fluorescent-antibody (DFA) test.

Hi. Yeah, shingles are contagious, you can pass the virus, if your child has never had chickenpox. However, the child will develop chickenpox, not shingles. Antiviral drugs, such as acyclovir, or famcyclovir, can be helpful. For treatment of painful after-effects of shingles you will probably be prescribed with steroids, antidepressants, anticonvulsants and topical agents. The lesions will heal within 3-5 weeks. The rash leave no scars.

hi,
3 weeks ago I thought I've got genital herpes. when I find out it might be it I went to see my doc and told him I've got genital herpes. I thought it is just normal to take a swab in such a case. because it really looked like genital herpes he gave me acyclovir. with time everything healed up nicely but I wanted to be sure if I really got it. I heard that you can not tell only my looking at it if you've got it or not but the swab will definitly tell you. so today I have rang my doc to ask if there are any results and he just nonchalantly said he didn't take any swab. so how the hell can I know what I have. it can be anything. is there any difference in symptoms between genital herpes and shingles? can the blood test tell you if you've got shingles or genital herpes?

thanks a lot for replying,
guest