Could you please tell me something about schizophrenia paranoid type- for my brother's son who is 24 has been diagnosed with schizophrenia paranoid type? I would like to hear of causes and treatments of this paranoid schizophrenia-I mean are it treatable effectively and what we could do expect in the future. He was actually a very good student and was about to start to work in a big firm and now this happened. Do you think that people with schizophrenia paranoid type could live and work normally?

I think that patients with schizophrenia paranoid type if properly treated could go on with their lives kind of a normal but I think if he starts working he would be under some constant control of some employees or whatever. Being diagnosed with schizophrenia paranoid type is never a joke that actually means that the patients suffers from the most severe form of schizophrenia-paranoid schizophrenia and in other words he means that the others want to hurt him, poison him and similar so patient like this are very likely to be dangerous for others. I hope this boy is hospitalized so he could be getting some proper meds treatment combined with individual and group therapy.

I feel with you. My son has been diagnosed paranoid schizophrenia. He was about to graduate and wanted to go to college. The past 3 years have been hell !!! He has been hospitalized 3 times,when comes home, he wont take the medicine because of the side effects. As an adult he cant be forced to take any. He thinks I am trying to kill him,and that others are too. He was very social and outgoing, liked being around people. Now very very opposite. Learn as much as you can about about this. Stand by him even when he pushes you away. NEVER abandon the wounded or the weak! My faith in God , His love for me and prayer has kept ME sane through all of this. . God bless you!