Hello! I would like to here some general info about paranoid schizophrenia for my sis has been hospitalized last week for she has been diagnosed with this mental illness. I don't live in my parent's home I live in another town and my sis is now 19 and she was always ok and regular person and I never thought she could be one day being diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia and maybe she had those paranoid schizophrenia symptoms before but I never was familiar with it. So please tell me is there any hope her mental condition turns on normal track and what in fact paranoid schizophrenia is about?

It is likely she has severe form of paranoid schizophrenia regarding the fact she has been hospitalized but there are chances she just got an acute paranoid schizophrenia attack that is usually effectively treated within 4-8 weeks. She is probably now on Thorazine or Haldol meds treatment and usually this treatment is combined with some group psychotherapy and counseling. Anyway this is not a simple situation for being diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia may cause very serious complications for it is very common .
That people diagnosed like this might -at some stage of the illness –lead to even somewhat dangerous situation that is life threatening not only to the ill person but also for those around them. You know people diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia live in their own world and common symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia are-anger, nervousness, delusions as well as very frequent and strong hallucinations. The important is she takes prescribed drugs regularly and to follow some psychotherapy whether it is individual or group one.