I want to know what the people with paranoid schizophrenia are. I was watching a lot of movies during my childhood. They are mentioning people with paranoid schizophrenia all the time. What paranoid schizophrenia really is? What are the symptoms? Are they really dangerous as we can see it on the movies?

You should not watch so many movies. Especially you should not believe everything you see on them. Schizophrenia is psychiatric diagnosis that describes mental disorder. Characteristic for schizophrenia are disorganized thinking, delusions and hallucinations particular audio hallucinations. They have severe problems with behavior and emotions. They have numerous social problems and decreased life expectancy. And yes, they can be violent to themselves and to the others.

Paranoid schizophrenia is a sub-type of schizophrenia in which the affected suffers delusions, perhaps that their loved ones, or strangers are keeping secrets from them, or that they intend to hurt them etc.

Most people suffering from paranoid schizophrenia do not behave in the way they're portrayed in the movies.

A major problem with this disorder is the fear that the sufferer may feel as a result of these delusions, sometimes causing them to lash out, however, the main danger with sufferers is the high risk of suicide.