Are there any mental health professionals on this board? If you are reading this, I would love to hear your opinion on risperdal consta. My brother has started taking this last week. I know much of the schizophrenia meds out there have heavy side effects. How does risperdal consta do on this count?

Well, as you said – medications for treating schizophrenia almost always come with series of side effects, but more than the medication itself, the strength of side effects is very different from one person to another, as well as the range of symptoms that have been diagnosed.
Risperdal consta is not very different from other antipsychotics as far as the side effects are concerned. 

The most common ones are involuntary muscle movements or tremors, sedation and headaches. But on the somewhat better side, tremors can be controlled with medications that cause far less side effects and at this point more than the medication itself it’s the psychiatrist’s expertise that will determine how will your brother cope with the downsides of Risperdal.

hes dead, everybody dies after acouple of years. it is worse than hell