had a foraminotomy 8 weeks ago and still experiencing terrible pain in my left leg...cannot walk without a great deal of pain...has anyone else gone through this after surgery?  pain pills do not help...lying in bed takes away the pain but I want to be active again...have always worked out....had sciatica pain for 15 months...thought the surgery would help....any feedback out there?

Hello, robbinclose.  I am sorry to hear that you are still experiencing pain with the foraminotomy after 8 weeks.  This does not seem like a good sign.  You should talk with your surgeon as soon as possible.  People who have had the surgery are able to go back to work in 4 weeks and you cannot even walk.  This is not right.  You don't want to be bed ridden and it is not good for you to be bedridden as you need to get up and about so you can resume normal activities.  You should get on the phone and ask the surgeon to see you immediately.  Don't take no for an answer. 

Has any other forum readers have this problem after their foraminotomy?  What was done about it?