I am 24 years old, male and my appendix was removed 3 weeks ago. I still feel pain!!!! Doctors said it would go away, but it is still here. I feel it when I urinate or when I cough, when I laugh. When I eat, I feel sick. It really worries me. Is this chronic pain normal for this period (three weeks after the surgery)?

Hey,
I also had appendix removed, but soon after surgery I was sent home and week after I was doing normal activities. I was told not to over exaggerate with physical activity and not to lift things. I was also given specific diet (no fats, eggs...).
What is your nutrition? Do you eat correctly?
I am really sorry, but I had no such experience, once, soon after the surgery i was sick (because I ate pork, which I do not handle anyway). If I were you I would visit a doctor.

I had my appendix removed a week ago. I still have pain on the lower left side. Is this normal? Anyone get an answer from a doctor on a possible complication?

:-( what causes chast pain after appendix is removed

Shoulder pain can happen after a laparascopic appendectomy because of the air they pump into your abdomen moves around. It should resolve in a few days once the air becomes absorbed.

Hi, im 28 years old, male. I just had a laproscopic appendectomy a week and a half ago. Im home now and i get extreme pain in my right shoulder and also in both chest cavities as if someone broke my ribs. I experience shortness of breath and it is very painful. I visited my doctor and he said i have fluid buildup around the lung that will eventually be absorbed by my body. (noticed after ct scan) I know the pain. 750mg vicodin is helping subside the pain and hopefully it gets better in a couple of days or the doctor says i will have to have a fluid drain with a needle.

I'm 26 years old, female and I had a laproscopic appendectomy 2.5 weeks ago. A week after surgery I went back in because i developed severe pain, so bad I could barely walk. A CT Scan showed fluid, which is typical after surgery, and blood tests showed an elevated white blood cell count. They decided I had an infection and sent me home with cypro. A few days later I was fine. I just finished my antibiotics and thought I was fully recovered. But now am starting to have the sharp pains again - they are where my appendix used to be and espescially severe when I sit down or stand up. Someone told me it could just be nerves still recovering from the surgery. I didn't know if this was common or if I should be concerned.

hi guys my name is antonio.
i had my appendix removed 5 years ago after it got infected and bursted..
it has been so long ago...but recently i started doing abs workout and attending the gym.. and i've been feeling some discomfort in the area where the incision was made.
I've also had some minor digestive problems...im kinda scare thinking it might be this might be the tip of the iceberg...
help plz..

it is normal and part of the healing process to have minor discomfort years after...
or could it be something worst...?

My husband now suffers from debilitating chronic nerve pain after an appendectomy 2 years ago. We were told that scar tissue has wrapped itself around a bundle of nerves and there's no cure. We lost our medical malpractice suit against the surgeon, dismissing as "normal risk" of surgery. Jon was only 45 and can no longer walk without a cane.

I had my appendix removed 5 days ago , i know what pain feels like after surgery but i get waves of pain in my stomach area not aching pains, has anyone had the same problem?

I had an appendectomy 2 weeks ago, and the pain close to the left incision and the left groin area is so bad I can"t even roll over in bed without screaming. My doctor said that it was a nerve healing and it would take a couple of weeks, but it is so severe I can't imagine it going away that quickly. Anyone have this and had it go away? I am desperate!

Yea I am 23 turning 24 in June and just had a perforated appendix infected with a rare bacteria and it had gangrene. It's been like 2-3 weeks since surgery and I have bloodshot eyes, my stool is yellow in color and i have a tightness/burning feeling in my chest. I also am burping and farting quite a bit.

Guys,

THe appendix was responsible for balancing the good bacteria in your large intestine. You have to 'repopulate' your intestine w/ the good bacteria so that future infections are avoided or minimized. During every meal take Acidophillus. It is a good bacteria needed in the intestines. You can buy it at any health food store.

I had an appendectomy 10 days ago and am also still feeling the sharp pains where the appendix was. I don't know whether to go back to the doctor, but it seems a number of people have also had problems with pain after.
Re the chest pain, my R lung collapsed during the operation which they didn't pick up on/fix, and it led to me having great difficulty breathing for the following few days, as if I couldn't push my diaphragm down and take a full breath. I had sharp pain under my diaphragm and right collar bone, and went back to hospital where they xrayed my chest and saw some of the gas from the operation had escaped into the lung, and it was still partially collapsed. It actually resolved itself about 8 hours after I went back to hospital, and the doctors were content not to take action as they said it would fix itself.

it was only 5 days ago give your stomach time to heal.

i too experienced this, im pretty sure its fairly normal so soon after surgery. i was given 2 weeks off work after getting mine out, just take it easy and the pain should go away.

has anyone here gotten an infection post surgery?

my stomach and everything was healing fine and then a week ago, 2 and a half weeks after surgery, i started experiencing pain again which has gotten worse over the past week. i have also been vomiting a lot over the past 4 or 5 days. i called my surgeon but he has not gotten back to me yet and i was just wondering if anyone else experienced this and what it was?

ta