Hi, my father has sciatica and his leg hurts badly. I heard that there are several ways of relieving the pain. What is the best from your personal experience?

I have sciatica so I know how your father feels. I have symptoms only on one side of my body. The pain is extending upwards to the hip, and I have troubles moving and controlling the leg. My doctor told me that sciatica is casued by irritation of the sciatic nerve. My pain is usually relieved when I rest for couple of days, but it is not the best solution because it lasts too short. I use cold paks for relieving the ciatic pain. I take a package of frozen peas, put it in a towel, and apply it to the painful area for 20 minutes. I do that four times a day, and it really helps. Beside that, I am using aspirin and sometimes ibuprofen. They both relieve the pain, and I recommend them to your father.

i have sciatica too at age 17 and it really irritates me cause im not able to do nothing anymore if someone can find some kind of solution to this plz tell me email me at _[removed]_

A had a sciatica crisis in december, but now I feel much better. What excercises do you recommend to do in order to prevent the reappearance of the pain caused by sciatica? I usualy do pushups and abdominal exercises but i'm not quite sure whether I do the right thing.