I have been experiencing some problems lately. Sometimes I feel weakness in the leg muscle and pain in the thigh. The problem was getting worse so I went to see my doctor. I was diagnosed with injury of Sciatica nerve. I would appreciate if you can explain to me what it is.

It means that there is inflammation of the sciatic nerve. It is the largest peripheral nerve in the body. It sends information about sensations back to the brain and supplies leg with the information about movements from the brain. Herniated spinal disc is the most common cause of sciatica. I believe that this is the culprit for your problems too. In such case the normal cushion between the vertebras of the spine is ruptured. It pushes into the area where the nerves are. Compressed nerves bring about pain weakness and numbness of the lower extremities.