Hello. I'm 35 year old female and I would really like to talk with someone about my problems. Some help would be more then appreciated because I'm feeling really bad right now. About three months I started to suffer from this strong back pain. In the beginning the pain was only located in my back but with time it has spread on my right leg and caused weakness. I have talked with my doctor over this and he told me that I should take an X ray exam to be sure it isn’t some problem with disc. So I did it and everything was just fine. So, he told me that I have most certainly developed some condition called sciatica and prescribed me some anti-inflammatory drugs. But it isn’t helping me at all. What should I know about this?

Hello. I'm very sorry that you have developed this unpleasant disorder. I don’t have any experience with this but my brother is fighting with it almost for four years now and that’s why I know some facts about it. If your sciatic nerve becomes inflamed, the condition is called sciatica and, from what my brother has told me- the pain can be intense and it often follows the path of your nerve-down the back of your leg, ankle, foot, and toes.
Leg muscles weakness is very common and it can very difficult to treat. Anti-inflammatory drugs and muscle relaxants could be very helpful. Try to understand me -good thing is that you didn’t developed disc herniation which is the most common cause of sciatica.