I'm a 50 year female in great health and workout several days a week .. running 5 K's and with that said. I have had sciatica right leg pain for over four years. I have been there and tried everything. After having x-rays, scans, MRI, therapy CT guided shots ... the final diagnosis is the sciatic nerve is impinged between the gluteus muscles. " Periformis Syndrome" . One year ago I was preparing for surgery to have these muscles cut to release the nerve. Several people... "DONT DO IT will cause so many other problems." ..I was so confused. Is it better to live with what you know or something worst.? I cancelled two weeks before the surgery scared of what problems this would cause. I have taken aleve, flexerals, and all the anti inflammatory drugs that I can get my hands on. I have never taken "pain pills" for this. There has been one RX that I have tried and gives me relief. I do not take this except for when the pain is so bad is LYRICA... stops that throbbing tingling burning sensation...I can sleep all night when I take one... sometimes have to take two days in a row... but then I can go a couple weeks and have none of the tingling burning sensation. I feel the nerve sensation 24-7 and I just can't take the burning tingling numbness all the way down my leg . The bottom line is it makes no difference if I stay in the bed for days or up and running same pain and problems. The ONLY Relief I get is with the Lyrica.

Are you thinking about going back to surgery? It sounds to me like you are living with a lot of discomfort and it would be a good idea to talk to your doctor about it because it sounds like you're not very happy. What do you think?