I am suffering from sciatica for about a year. My condition is ongoing with additional symptoms, instead of easing of the problem. I have two bulging discs which appear to be my problem, but my doctor doesn't feel that they are major bulges. I am on therapy at the moment. I want to know if the pain in the back of the knees is connected with sciatica. I have this pain also for sometime. I don’t know how it is related with sciatica. Thanks

Hello, it happens often that people in pain to tighten up, and that can cause more pain. People sometimes intentionally tighten the lower back or the abdominal muscles to try to prevent further damage that actually squishes the discs between the lumbar vertebrae. If you stand with your back flattened or tuck your tailbone under, you can aggravate your discs as well as your sciatic nerves as well as standing with your knees hyper-extended.
A tip to eliminate tucking your tailbone or hyper-extending your knees is to briefly pretend that you are about to sit down. That you fold a little bit where your legs are ball and socket to your pelvis.