I need information about sciatica. I’m not sure what exactly it is, how sciatica pain can be differenced from other types of leg and low back pain. I’m 24, female. My mother always complains on pain in shoulders, joints and knees. Is common bone and joints pain less serious than pain caused pain sciatica? Please give me explanation. Thanks.

Sciatica is commonly occurring form of leg pain, but also commonly misunderstood. Actually, sciatica is not a diagnosis, it is a symptom, when sciatic nerve is being compressed and due to that, pain is caused in low back, down the back through the leg or on one side of the rear. And causes of sciatica are low back problems like disc herniation in lumbar area, lumbar spinal stenosis, lumbar subluxation and number of others. Nerv sciaticus runs from the low back down to the toes, it is the largest single nerve in human body. Arthritis pain and joint stiffness are not true sciatica. Hope that helped.