my 18 year old daughter started having seizures a year ago for no aparent reason, it has been suggested that valiun or zanax could help if she fells them coming on.  can anybody comment on this?

Is your daughter on any type of anti-seizure medication like Dilantin for example??? Yes, valium is used generally with an anti-seizure medication..and generally when someone begins to experience symptoms of an impending seizure, valium may be taken either orally or by injection, however it was prescribed to be given. I had grand mal seizures when detoxing and after that and I was on Dilantin and Libriums(which is a benzo as well) at first, then I was switched to Ativan...I would take the ativan the moment I would experience my aura (which was a strong smell of sulpha or burning matches) and it was pretty effective for me. I do wish you and your daughter well!