Hey everyone,

I've been talking to my brother last night about heart bypass surgery. Our dad had this surgery a few days ago and my brother is really scared for his health. Anyway, we were talking and I really wanted to comfort him but I guess I failed. I told him that there are a lot of celebrities who appear on TV, who look great and they had heart bypass surgeries done. I didn't expect him to ask me which celebrities had heart bypass surgery, and I didn't say anything, I couldn't lie to him about that.

So, does any of you know any celebrity who had heart bypass surgery?

Hi Bee,

That's a funny situation, at least do a bit of a research before you decide to tell your brother things like that.

I actually think that Lary King had heart bypass surgery. This guy become famous because of his show "Lary King Live", and if I remember well, his father actually died because of a heart disease. Later on, he found out that he can have the same issues with his heart and that turned out to be true. When it happened, some time after, he decided to go for the heart bypass surgery. I'm not sure about other celebrities.

Hi Alan,

Yes, I guess it was my bad anyway. But I didn't expect him to ask me about these celebrities. I mean, I didn't lie to him, there has to be at least one celebrity who had heart bypass surgery done, but I just didn't know any of them. I could have lied and tell him a random name but I didn't because I didn't expect him to ask me that, he kind of took me of guard.

Okay, Lary King is a big name but I don't think that my brother knows about him. Does anyone knows about anyone else?

Hi Bee,

Have you ever heard of Rue McClanahan? She was a very famous actress in the 1970's. I'm sorry, your brother probably won't know anything about her either, but you can try and explain it to him, if you do it well, he might be thrilled with her or with Larry King.

A lot of celebrities have some sort of heart disease but I'm not quite sure which of them had heart bypass surgery. I actually know that president Bush had trouble with his heart, but again, I'm not sure if he had heart bypass surgery done or not, you could search it on the internet.

Hello guys,

I don't think that Bush had a heart bypass surgery, I'm positive that he didn't, but he did have trouble with his heart, that's for sure.

Bill Clinton, the former president, had two heart surgeries. Not only that, he also underwent quadruple bypass surgery in 2004. But again, I'm not sure either if your brother is going to know who he is so you are probably going to have to explain it to him as well. He might know about Elizabeth Taylor or Toni Braxton? Both of these women had heart surgeries. Maybe he knows about the actor Robin Williams? He also had a heart surgery.

Hey there. Well, I need to admit that this is very funny topic. I don’t mean funny – funny, but I haven’t expect this type of topic in here. But generally, I believe that it is helpful.

I also know about Bull Clinton but I don’t consider him as a celebrity lol. But I am pretty sure that I was reading about Burt Raynolds, TV star. He had his heart bypass surgery and I do know that he was recovering very well from it. Also, Actress Rue McClanahan, best known for playing the saucy Blanche Devereaux on Golden Girls had heart bypass surgery.

Hello there.

I think that Hollywood is full of those people or celebrities who had a heart attack, but I am also sure that we don’t know that some of them had it at all. I still believe that the Larry King is one of the most famous person who had heart attack and bypass surgery. He is well known in society and he is for me very, very big celebrity. I think that he had two bypass surgeries. It is even more dangerous because his father died when he was 44 due the heart attack. That is all that I know.

Good day. Rue McClanahan, the actress is literally my hero. I just love that women, especially because she was dealing with breast cancer and we all do know that. But small percentage of the people know that she was dealing with heart issues as well. She also had heart bypass surgery and I do believe that she was shocked when doctors told her that she needs to have this surgery. Especially because she had so many problems and diseases in her life. I really admire her and I believe that she is really amazing and special lady because of it.

Hey there. There are so many famous people who had it and we don’t know about it. For example, I was reading that F. Scott Fitzgerald, the author the distinctive American novels in 1925's "The Great Gatsby" had a heart attack and after that he had his first bypass surgery.  He was a heavy smoker and drinker, and I remember that I found the information that Fitzgerald suffered a heart attack in November 1940, before he had a second one, who killed him just one month later. He was 44 years old back then. I do know about Larry King as well.

Hi there. I don't think that I know anyone else who had heart bypass surgery. Also, it is a little bit surprising that your bother don't know about Larry King. He is really a big, famous TV star. 

I think that I find some information lately where it says that Kim Kardashian and Heidi Klum have heart issues. But maybe those are tachycardia or arrhythmia, I don't believe that their heart issues are so dangerous.

But honestly I haven't heard about Rue McClanahan at all :/ So I can't be that surprised because your brother haven't heard about Larry King.