Hello, folks. My husband has a severe coronary disease. His cardiologist is recommending him to do the angioplasty. I must admit that I am little afraid of this procedure. I would like to know if there is a risk of heart attack with this procedure. I would appreciate if anyone could tell me this.

Hi. Angioplasty can have some side effects. Most of them are temporary making this procedure quite safe. However, there can be some side effects. Restenosis is possible after the operation. A complete block in coronary artery is also possible. In this case, a heart attack is possible. If you worry, you should talk to your husband. Visit his cardiologist and talk about this. Clarify all the doubts. Bye!

I would be cautious and speak to your doctor and what is most comfortable for the patient. My husband was nervous and worried of pain. His doctor assured him that he would be fine. After the surgery he was losing blood ( blood was clotting ) and subsequently had his massive heart attack. He survived but died 3 months later of a respiratory problem. After his heart attack, he was never the same. He reverted back to being childlike and had no zest for life. RIP Steve.[/list]