My husband keeps complaining on irregular heart beats lately. I am afraid that is the symptoms of angina pectoris or some other coronary disease. He doesn’t want to see a doctor. He is 54 and it is not uncommon for people of his age to die from heart attack. Plus he doesn’t eat healthy, he is overweight. He often complain on feeling “fullness” but I am not sure is it because of food or condition.

You are right, it is possible that he has coronary artery disease, symptoms that occur with this disease are: irregular heart beats, skipped beats or a "flip-flop" feeling in your chest, shortness of breath, weakness or dizziness, sweating…but the most common symptom is angina. People describe angina as a discomfort, heaviness, pressure, aching, burning, fullness, squeezing or painful feeling in your chest. Sometimes is mistaken for heartburn. You have to explain him how serious this can be!

My father, whom is also in his 50s has been complaining about random irregular heart beats: where he says it will seize up for just a second and then "pound" back out into normal beats. He told me he would call a cardiologist... however, he has always failed to see a doctor with many of his problems. do you know of anything that could help without doctor diagnostics?