For a few days i noticed that i get a sharp stabbing sensation to the right of my bellybutton. it started out as an dull ache but now its a stabbing pain that makes me just want to ball up and lay on the floor. When the pain starts it also seems to shoot upward to my chest area. Im 16 years old, any ideas?

Please get a Lower GI, a simple X-Ray or the CT Scan where you drink a liquid & it reads on their films .. Any number of things Hon .. For several years when I was 20yrs old I had this annoying pain as you are explaining & my Finance' took me to UCLA first they could NOT find anything then BAM I thought that was going to be it! I had a GallStone becoming larger than my GallBladder .. Not an easy removal in 1970' ..
It is a good idea to write down things such as your Menstrual Cycle, if you feel Bloated after eating, Acid Reflux,
The sooner you know the better you will feel trust me .. Not going to the Doctors is the worse someone can do ..
Keep us updated & I truly hope you feel better ASAP

Hi there, what you have might actually be appendicitis or something worse. I think that what Linda has suggested is a good idea--although I don't knkow, are you male or female? You need to be sure this gets checked out soon. It is not normal and could be harmful. Let me know how it goes, okay?

Thanks im getting a physical Thursday so I will bring this up to my doctor.

If its sharp needle like pain when put pressure in lower abdomen it could be Diverticulitis.
I think its because of eating spicy food too much like chips, kurkure etc.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use