I have been having sharp stabbing pain in my lower left abdomen since early this morning. The pain increases when i sit up or take a deep breath. I have never had this kind of pain before and I went to see my doctor and he said that there is nothing wrong with me. I feel other wise.
I have never had any surgerys. Can you give me any helpful advice? :'(

I just started getting the same kind of thing this evening. After eating about and hour later I got a sharp stabbing pain in left mid to upper abdomen when I take a deep breathe or move from sitting to standing or vice versa. The pain is also seeming to radiate up to my shoulder when I breathe. It seams like it could be gall stones or pancreatitis from what I am reading online. Do I need to go to the hospital? I don't currently have insurance.

I was having the same problem, it came on out of nowhere and lasted about 8 hours (only because I went to lay down and fell asleep) I called my doctor and he told me to try an antacid and if the pain continued to go to the er. I went and bought Maalox (never take antacid before) and came home. I had to sneeze VERY bad and when I inhaled I had extreme pain that almost knocked me to my knees, then realized my chest pain was gone. its GAS. that gets trap in your upper respiratory system and needs to be relieved. try maalox.

Lower left abdominal pain is pain experienced to the left of an imaginary line drawn from the level of the umbilicus, vertically down to just under the waist line. It is a common site of pain in the abdomen, especially in ladies and the elderly.

Common causes of lower left abdominal pain include diverticulitis, irritable bowel syndrome, left kidney stone, left kidney infection, crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis or colon cancer, left ectopic pregnancy, left ovarian disease, and infection of the left fallopian tubes in women.

If an antacid and a week of Metamucial (two teaspoons daily - one in the AM and one after dinner) don't fix the problem...Go in and get checked!

You may want to go to the hospital it could be daviticulitis and you may have an infection in your large intestines. They will give you some penicillin product and something to help with pain if it's that bad.

I have a 4500 hundred dollar deductible I don't do hospitals unless I'm dead. And the doctors will rack that up in a heartbeat with different tests because there scared of being sued. So while the health insurance companies screw us and the lawyers screw the doctors I'll just drink a lot of water walk around and hope I fart.

I hear you, I have a 7500 dollar deductible. I have the same issue as described I'll try the malox first

Hey I have had that exact same problem. It hurt real bad whenever I would breath out a lot of try to take a huge breath in. Because of the pain I didn't take any full breaths in. Earlier today I wasn't feeling good and I held it in because there was no bathroom nearby. I'm guessing this is what caused it. When trying to relieve myself in the bathroom I found it hard without being about to breath properly. Eventually I tried to suck it up and breath in. I couldn't do it all at once so I'd take in some air, hold it in, then take in a big more without letting the first breath out. (I hope that makes sense.) after about 2-3 inhales my lungs were about 80-90% full. While holding it I felt something where the pain was in the lower left abdomen. It felt like when your stomach grumbles but more satisfying. After that I could breathe completely normal. It's been about 10 minutes and I still get nervous when I go to take a deep breath but everything feels completely normal once I do. Sorry for the bad explanation but I hope I can help.

Luckily I live in New Zealand and we are covered by acc and hospitals are free lol, I have had a slight sharp pain in my lower right abdomin and when I breath out it tends to feel worse, when I lay down it hurts also, I don't feel sick or anything it's just a slight pain, what do I do??

If hospital is free why do you ask internet y not ask a real doctor

This is why American health care will never be free ^^^

I Tried To Poop It Worked I Am Cured

What was the issue my condition is same

Go to your free hospital. Why are you asking a forum if your healthcare system is so good and free?

Maybe the hospital is miles away or they are just trying to get a understanding what could wrong before spending hours waiting to be seen by a doctor... they probably don’t want to waste there time if it’s nothing. As we don’t abuse our free system