For the post 4weeks i have had sharp stabbing pains in my abdomen, and back ache in the middle off my back and on where my kidneys should be, i was in tears at work today through the pain.
I have to go to the toilet alot. Even if i had been before i left my house 10minutes down the road i have to go again, n i can barely hold it.

Hey, I keep having simular issues as you are having ,and i dont dare go to the you know who ,thats another sermon, but what im doing is studying this whole topic,and 1st thing im doing is completely change diet ,eat only healthy foods and drink water ,2) do a kidney cleanse,curezone.com you'll find how to ,then liver cleanse flush out the liver,i've heard to cut out caffein ,thats next,just afraid of the head aches that follow,try that and see if helps ,its like doing theprocess of alimination. im 45 and its not getting any better for me ,it seams at times ,cause i go thru bouts of discomfort then ,i do the diet and its in remition ,but i cant find way to undo my spermatocele,im getting varoceles now,my epididimitis always is soar, now it apears im having pain going up both spermatic cords and pain up to rht kidney-like i have kidney stone? cause the same pain i have now in kidney is the same pain i got 16 yrs ago when i did have stone and had to pass it few weeks later,watermellon cleanse for k-stones,hope this helps some ....LONGHAIR TERRY :-)

I started having the problems you all are discussing on December 9 (I remember this because December 8 was my birthday). I am on diability for asthma and it kicked up the last time I was in the hospital, which was for 8 days. I always get constapated while I'm in there and generally get pretty bad joint pains in my legs from the sterroids through my IV. However, this last visit I also got a dull pain that would move between my upper stomach, like between my rib cage and then directly behind my belly button and I was having lower back pain, like around my kidney area. I went home on a Saturday afternoon. Saturday night and early Sunday morning I was in tears and literally rolling around in pain. I was also vomitting and have severe diarreah (throwing up in the garbage can while sitting on the toilet). At 6am my husband took me to the emergency room. They gave me an IV of morphine which killed the stomach pain. They did a lot of blood work. Oh yeah, also while I was at home I was extremely hot. After being at the hospital I complained about being cold and ended up having a temperature of 101.8. The blood work came back fine with everything but they told me I had a severe case of the stomach flu. They also gave me phenagrin (spelling) through my IV. I was sent home with a prescription of phenagrin. The pain never resorted to what it had been but, daily, I will still get extremely sharp stabbing pains in my stomach and I have diarreah quite a few times a day. This is more information than you need to know about a stranger, but I used to only have a bowel movement 1 time a day and in the mornings...now it's about 5-7 times a day and always diarreah or extremely soft stool. And, as you all said, when you've gotta go, you've gotta go and you don't dare sneeze or cough when that feeling hits! I've really tried watching my diet but nothing has changed it. Even though the stomach pain isn't what it was, it's still very uncomfortable and often has me doubled over. It seems to pass within about 2 minutes. I was just wondering if you all had any updates on your cause since your postings?

it sounds like your kidneys arent functing properly

Sounds like a urinary tract infection. there are OTC tests you can take. Rock the cranberry juice for a few days, if that doesn't help, your doctor will probably put you on antibiotics.

I've been getting severe pelvic pain between my bellybutton and reproductive region, the pain is sooo bad i literally am hunch over on my knees and breathing like i should be in labour... I start to sweat and feel 'tingly' - the last 2 times this happened i had diarrhea after and it's also been near my menstrual cycle which might be coincidental...
I also have really bad nerves and when i'm nervous i have to go to the rest room a lot ... and i've also had an ovarian cyst a few yrs ago i had to get removed..... so i am not sure if i think it's my nerves causing my problems or possibly that i have another cyst which is causing the pains... i plan to go to the doctor over the next month... maybe i will find something out... any ideas???

sounds like ovarian cysts....go to your obgyn and until your appointment read up on them online...get well!

To LWhite1203:

My Boyfriend experience the same thing you are going through and it ended up being his appendix.

He start off with having the stomach pains and the doctors thought it was acid reflex, so the prescribed him medication then the diarrhea started. This continued for months. With the pain slowly getting worst to the point where he would be crunched up, moaning and crying.

Months later he began losing his appetite. Diarrhea remained and stomach pains started getting worst. Then one day the pain was extreme and he was throwing up. It was so bad he demanded me to call and ambulance. So I called and the paramedics arrived and checked him out before take him to the hospital. They were pressing on his stomach asking him where it hurt, when they pressed on the right side he yelled in pain. The paramedic suggested it was his appendix.

We got to the hospital and he got immediate attention. He was put on morphine through IV and he ws given garvel for his vomiting. They took blood and other test to determine his diagnosis. After a few hours of waiting for his blood work they could see he had something wrong, so they ordered MRIs/X-RAYS. After those came back we found out it was his appendix. Little while later the surgeons came in to talk to us and told us that he would be having surgery that day to remove his appendix.

He was in the hospital for 3 days. Then a week later a whole new problem began.

He started with a fever of 99.9 then it started to rise, eventually up to 102. He was vomiting and it was the worst smell I had ever smelt. It was like the smell of death. I took him to the hospital once again. He got in immediately again. He was examined and the nurses were so worried. He had a heart rate of 175 BMP and a fever at 102+. The doctor came in examining him and asking questions. Blood work was taken. When that came back the knew immediately that he had a serious infection. The doctor said that if he had not come in that night he may had not made it through the night. The scariest thing I had ever heard and we had just had a baby about a week before this. The gave him X-rays/MRIs to find where the infection was. They found the infection in his chest under his ribs. He had a tube put into his chest to drain the infection. And on top on the infection he also had pneumonia and his right lung collapsed due to the infection. He was put on IVs with morphine, antibiotics and gravel and had to do breathing exercises to help his lung. He was in the hospital for 3 1/2 weeks.

But I'm glad to say he is doing very well and he is healthier than ever and we are enjoying are 9 month old daughter.

So what I'm trying to say here is to not let your health problems carry on, without knowing everything is absolutely ok and that it will heal on its own.

Anyone considered IBS (irritable Bowel Syndrome)? I have had it for years and these symptoms are the same, lower stabbing back pain, diarreah, needing to use the loo urgently.

On May 20, 2010 I started having pain on the Right side of my abdomen. It also radiates to my back near and below my ribs. The pain is always present and is sometimes severe. Most of the time I can not bend down without having severe pain. I have seen a GI would ordered a CT scan of my organs, a CT scan of my arteries all with contrast dye, an utrasound of my abdomen, an Endoscopy and a Colonoscopy and a HIDA scan. It is frustrating when all of the tests come back normal. I feel like the doctor does not beleive my pain. I am on Tramadol for the pain - it is not as good a Hydrocodene but doctors do not seem to want to perscribe it for long term use which does not make sense to me especially when it works better.
I take benefiber 3 times a day and have been for a long time. I eat fruit and vegtables every day. I even take double doses of fish oil for the past 2 years.
I will be coming on 4 months since the onset of having this pain - any suggestions?????

One of the problems may be that you have bad gut flora which means you probably have an infection in your gut. You need to start taking some good probiotics. Unless you make changes, it won't get better.

i dont have many pains but thats cause i am a phdoyiscal therapest so if you need any information please dont be afraid to ask me. I am here for anyone who needs me i help people as much as i can and would be happy to help you guys.

Hello i am 18 and have moved abbroad for a year now.

I have (IBS) and for years on and off i will have this strange heart beat irrtating stabbing pain on my right side of my stomach.

I cant bend down because i get this sharp and bruised pain all around my tummy and the next day it will course uncomftable pains and diarrhea!

When i lived in england i was taking to the doctors by my mum almost once every 2-4weeks, i would have diarrhea then i would go hot and cold, i would cry until the pain went away, i had to quit plans, sometimes missed colege and one i was partying and a ambulance took me to hospital. I fainted alot in the evening and i lost my appetite for 6months!

I can not live my life like other 18 year old girls, i am on the toilet 3-6 times a day or more and everyone makes fun of me.

All the times i had been the doctors they have said different results, such as IBS, gastric movement, Low blood presure, too many white cells, Rumbling apendicitis and they have scanned me but i just want the bottom of this, i live abroad and i cant even get a job because my toilet situation and the pains !

Please reply

Thank you.

Maybe cutting out Gluten or cows milk ( change diet ) This made a huge difference to me as I had stomach pains, sweats, exhaustion, low blood pressure and depression followed, even though my diet was considered healthy. I have been feeling fantastic for nine years since changing to gluten free, rice milk, ( limited sugar ). I try and eat as natural as possible.

LWhite1203...I see it's been quite a long time since ur post, but I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis about 7 years ago, and those were my exact symptoms, and continue to be to this day when I have a flare. Hopefully this is helpful to someone.