Hello. I am a 29 yo woman who has recently been diagnosed with PVC's and taking meds everyday for the problem after going through several tests. Anyway, the other day I had the strangest thing happen. The pain was sharp, stabbing, peircing right in the heart (or so it felt). The pain lastest only a few seconds, but it took my breath away it was so bad. It wasn't squeezing or fullness like may be associated with a heart attack. And it was so brief. It seemed silly to go to the ER. They'd look at me like I'm crazy because I am so young. And besides the pain stopped. But it sure did scare me and I would love to know what happened. Of course I tried to find something online, no help. I saw something about pain when breathing in deep, but that didn't happen. Just a sharp pain. Any ideas?

hi jmestevenson,
I've experienced this too. I was waiting at a train station and got such a sharp stabbing chest pain that I gripped the chair armrest and it took my breath away. It only lasted about 10 seconds.

Since then...
I started having heart palpatations soon after that. Surprising ones that would catch me off guard, even just sitting.
I noticed that I didn't have the stamina that I had in the past...I tried to play sand volleyball and I wore out in no time. I couldn't believe my need to just sit down and rest. More time passed, and I started getting heart "flutters" in the mornings when i'd wake up. A heart rate at a fluttering speed. It was really scary, but if I'd sit up and just breathe deeply, it would stop.

I went to a cardiologist and I was told I have PVCs, or early random heartbeats. I also have a valve that is slightly leaky. I was basically told to ignore it until it got worse and they could actually catch an episode 'in progress." Now my heart has begun the morning flutters on a regular basis and I'd love to get on a heart monitor to figure out whats going on.

But anyway, it all started with that sharp deep heart pain you described.

hi i am a 26 yo woman and have been having stabbing chest pains on my left side for constantly for the last 18hrs i went to the emergancy room and they did a ecg or ekg (whatever its called) gave me some panadol and sent me on my way, the pain starts from under my arm and shoots thru to the middle of my left side and is more painful when i lift my arm or take a deep breath has anyone had anything similar to this?

I am 30 year old female and have had heart palpitations since I was 18 but not diagnosied until my early 20's and have been taking Toprol for to conrtol it. It helps 50%, I still have them weekly or daily, and I also started having chest pain - sitting at home, doing laundry and suddenly sharp stabbing chest pain that would come and go. The following day at the gym I started having it during exercise I took myself to the ER, did not have a heart attack or heart damage by my EKG shows minor problems, and will see the cardiologist tomorrow. I am worried but thankful it is not a heart attack.
If you expereince chest pain do not IGNORE it, and I was told to start taking aspirin daily.

Hey, im 15 male. I started having this about 1 month ago, and now i pretty much have it on a regular basis. In school i will be just sitting down and then lean a certain way and i will get a stabbing pain in the left side of my chest, but sometimes in the center. It first lasted about 2 seconds but now it lasts alot longer. sometimes 10 - 15 seconds. But i have not seen a doctor properly or been to the hospital. Do you think i should get checked out ? :/

I am a 45 year old male who works at home and probably does not get enough exercise. Every now and then while sitting at my desk, in that web browsing position, with my left hand propping up my chin, I'll get a sharp stabbing pain in my left chest area, that feels like being shot with a small caliber firearm. The pain lasts between 1 and 5 seconds and poof, it's gone!
After really scrubbing the web (and a few more episodes like this, due to my posture) I found something that seems to fit the symptoms. It's PCS or Precordial Catch Syndrome. Ans is described as a "stitch" in the side.
Here's a great link for more information: failedsuccess.com/index.php?/weblog/comments/precordial_catch_syndrome_chest_pain/

I think I’m younger than the rest of you, I’m a 17 year old girl, I used to be really active and then had an off season- figured my stamina was down from that, I started having chest pains that are almost, continuous, one actually lasted about two weeks. I told my mom and she said ‘if it hasn’t killed you yet, it wont’ and refused to take me to get help, shed look over and see me shaking, or crying, and assume I had begun becoming bulimic or using drugs. Ever since mom pointed out it hasn’t killed me, I haven’t gone back to her about it, and its gotten increasingly worse as time progresses, and its almost so constant my boyfriend can tell when its happening based on the punctuation when I type. I never told my dad, I assumed he’d respond like mom or be mad at her for saying I shouldn’t get checked out. They vary for me, some are short lived and just stabbing, one was a textbook case hitting every symptom of a heart attack when I was online with my bf. My friends are starting to get really worried, and I don’t blame them it is really pretty scary to me too. I have this built up hatred for Drs, I have flat out said to my friend ‘id rather sit back and finally die, than have a doctor prolong the pain’ after all, I was sick since I was born, what’s it mean if I finally die at 17? There’s heart disease in the family, and well, I have an attack that has lasted since early yesterday into this morning right now, ive gotten good at hiding when im in pain, I guess people just figure I’m quiet or drugged up. I don’t know, I just know it hurts, and I would like to find a way to make the pain stop on occasion, so that I don’t have to see Kevin’s face full of fear whenever he sees me put my head down, or cry. I have frequent fainting spells, and dizziness, can someone tell me exactly what this all adds up to? It isn’t always constant, and for a while it seemed like it was only brought on by stress. I was told the ER wouldn’t accept me if I go in without a parent, so as much as my boyfriend and his brother have offered to drive me, I cant go, and I don’t think this is ok, I think if its still going on in a year, im more than half dead by the time it happens, when an attack wears off I cant feel anything for the next day- Im going away with my school tomorrow, and I don’t want my sister and friends having to see me cry out in pain at night, it happens at home, but that’s in my room away from most of the house, in the company of my bird, lizard, and dog. I’m an aspiring writer and would like to LIVE to see my writing in print, anyone have any advice for me? Im reallly scared, and i dotn know what is happening but i know it cant be good-Ive been reading up on tests preformed to find out about heart disease, and im terrified, I know my boyfriend would sit by and hold my hand, but I really would prefer not get tested, just because I don’t want to undergo anything… uncomfortable? I bet I sound like a baby like this, saying, ‘im scared’ and ‘I don’t want to’ Kevin and Eric both agree I sound like a little kid when I cry and say ‘I don’t want to go’ their mom is all for me getting checked, but I don’t want to be the pain in my parents ass, asking for them to waste their time and have them spend money on tests I know my insurance doesn’t cover. Not to sound like a broken record, but, im scared- and I just, wish things were simpler.

You really need to approach your mother again or speak with you dad. If you are not comfortable with speaking to your parent, go talk to your councelor at your school. That is what they are there for. I am 42 now but my pain began in High School and I have been to the docotrs a few times for this. I have had to wear a monitor for 24 hours a couple of times as well, and of course during that time I do not have an episode. Just like every illness, it is better to catch it in early stages to prevent anything more serious. Let us know how it goes!
XD

hey am junior,am from the caribbean,the first thing that started happening to me was when i was 17 i started geting breathless.then i went to a private doctor had ecg and a ecko.nothing showed up.they say that nothing was wrong wit me.am 20 now and the sam thing keeps on happening again again but now am geting this hard stabing pain on the left side of ma chest and i feel my heart beat in my chest.went to the doctor again they did a blood test and nothing wrong wit me the say.now the same thing is still going on can someone stop it!!am tired of this pain!can i have heart problem? am i going to die so young?

look all of you i feel you. i am 17 its been happening for the past year to me to. i had an xray done, 4 ekgs, a ctscan, and a mri.... yeah it hurts so bad. but check webmd.com and check out your sypmtoms.... and maybe some of you may have GERD

Allright, I got to it being too painful to bear, and promised my boyfriend, id take a step to making sure its taken care of- approached the school nurse, who told me everyone my age is under so much stress- and that, that was probably it, but called my mom and said to come back and tell her what the outcome is. *shrugs* I went to my dad when I got home and said “I don’t know if its something to worry about right now, I know we cant handle anything this complicated, and if itll make things easier, I’ll forget any of it ever happened, but you should know” and went on with him about it, he said it was definitely worth getting checked out, we’d get an EKG done to find out, and that hed seen somthign about kids with ADHD having heart disease and he worried- mom agreed, and then we ran into a financial hole… my parents, really, just cant afford to take care of me right now, so as it stands, im not getting it checked out, they dropped the topic. My friends, want to get me hospitalized on my 18th birthday so that I will get checked out. But that’s not happening until January, I had another episode last night, and it was awful, but I didn’t tell my parents- its, really, starting to scare me, like, I don’t like the doctors, but this is terrifying me.

I have had the same symptoms since I was 15. I went to many doctors and they would send me home with an antibiotic one even thought I had valley fever. No one took me serious because to look at me I am a very fit person. I got pregnant and 24, the symptoms got worse pregnant again at 26 symptoms were scary. They said it was because I was pregnant and it would stop after giving birth. It did not stop it got worse, I eventually passed out. I finally had to pass out 3 times before a doctor would take it serouse enought to do more testing. I had a catheter ablation done on my heart. This helped but did not cure it, I was stil on medicine but no passing out. I am now 36 and was just admitted to the hospital because I can not even sit up without a big jump in my heart. We are going to do another ablation and most likely a pacemaker.
This is a very discouraging condition. I used to make excuses all the time because I felt like a hypocondriac. You are not a hypocondriac, these are disabling symptoms. Keep on your doctors, unless you are over 60 a cardiologist thinks you are crazy.

hey, i dont know if this is anything like you guys, but im 16, and at the moment i have a chest infection, i get many chest pains, and i have been told i might have sarcoidosis, but i need to look out for symptoms. about 30 mins ago i was sitting watching a film, not sitting in a weird way, and then i got a sharp stabbing pain below my boob on my right hand side on my rib, and on the back of my right hand shoulder. it took my breath away as it was so painful and i couldnt get it back easily. now the pain has gone, my right hand side feels numb and sort of tingly. its from my shoulder down to my hip. i may be dumb in not knowing why i just had this but i just wanted to see if anyone knows why. i get a lot of migraines as well, and my vision goes when i have that. this pain was so painful that i wanted to call for help but couldn't as i couldnt move without it getting worse. does anyone have any ideas on why this happened? because it has never happened before expect a few sharp pains, but my right hand side is numb and this pain scared me. i dont want to tell my parents because i cause them enough hassle, i dont weigh a lot and so i get ill quite easily. im not anorexic or bulimic or anything, just an extremely fussy eater who isnt fond of food for some reason lol.

I was diagnosed with PVC's. I get them very random but when I do it lasts for a week. Makes me very tired when it happens. Dr's dont' want to put me on medicine because it could make it worse. I also have only one working kidney. With the world in complete turmoil does not help stress levels. No stabbing pain just a heavy double beat of the heart and a long slow breath. Makes u light headed. I am 47 run a warehouse, forklift so I have to be very cautious. Any suggestions from anyone or just deal with it like.

Hi.I am 23 yo and male.sorry for my poor english.
i had chest pains when i was child very rare till now.one or two in a year.
i was going to gym and trained hard and i was healthy.
unfortunately i started using marijuana and it was okay till one day i was alone in the house and used a little amount of it. afterward i felt i am going to die.i felt abnormal in my chest but not pain.and i started to call my friends. suddenly i felt a big pain in my chest and i felt it is heart attack.and happend 2 3 times that day. and my heart beat was high. i went to hospital and they gave me diazepam that makes you relax and go to sleep.
after that every 2 3 days this happened to me.
i went to a very good doctor and he said your heart have an extra electrical wire!
and gave me amiodarone and verapamil.i took them and i still had pain.i told the doctor and he said its nothing take painkiller. i have pain now everyday somedays big somedays small. i stopped using my drugs. i felt better till yesterday that i went some place that every one was smoking cigars and hookahs and felt bad. at night i felt those pains and hotness in my chest.but i've learned that they are not killing. in my worst states the tests do not show heart disease.
i dont know what to do to escape these pains. for a period i was thinking that my life is ruined.but what to do?

and ppl if you have these same symptoms stop drinking tea, coffee and smoking cigars, you will feel much better.