Hi I'm well 16 and I know I shouldn't be having sex but I did and now I'm sorta frightened because after sex my girlfriend bled and now if it only lasted a day I wouldn't be so frightened but it's still happening. She's in the pill and has her last period couple weeks before hand. She thinks she could be pregnant but symptoms don't show that quick do they? Couple hours after sex? Also though she missed her pill that day but we had sex before the time she was supposed to take it...not sure that helps but I'm scared and I'm scared for her even if she was pregnant 4 days seems a little long. She said it's not her period btw

Hi Guest,

Symptoms DO NOT show immediately after sex.  Fertilization would not occur, if she was to get pregnant, for several days.  Even then, most women don't know they're pregnant until they miss their period.

She CAN have bleeding after having sex.  It's normal.

One missed pill makes it unlikely that she'd get pregnant.  The daily birth control pills are very effective when taken as directed, about 98%.

She can take a home pregnancy test after about two weeks.  It takes that long for it to have a reasonable chance of working.  It tests for a specific hormone in the body, hcg, that increases during pregnancy.

It's normal to worry about pregnancy about having sex.  One other thing that may/may not help you is that even when everything is "perfect" meaning the timing of when you had sex, not using any birth control, etc., odds are about 1 in 5 of pregnancy.  She was on birth control so the odds are even lower.

Hope it helps.

This really did help thanks! But one more thing could it be something worse it's been several days and she's still bleeding she claims she isn't on her period it isn't till the end of the month.

A woman can bleed after sex. Tissues in her vagina tore when you had sex - it's normal. How long she bleeds can vary. it shouldn't be very heavy however.

If it continues she'll need to see her doctor.

One more question sorry but what if it's pinkish?

Light bleeding sometimes mixed with vaginal fluids. It can appear pink.

Thank you so much this helped she went on the internet looked stuff up and out of everything went straight to pregnant you helped a lot thank you