I have lupus. I am diagnosed with it last year. It is boring disease. I feel tired, my joint are stiff and painful. It is like you live with some invisible burden on your shoulders. I am sick of that. I want to do something with myself. So, tell me, can I exercise with lupus diagnosis?

You can, and you should. The mental condition is also very important with any long term disease. It is good that you are willing to fight. Exercises can be very useful for you. Stretching can help you maintain normal joint movement and relieve stiffness, strengthening exercises build up muscles that can help in supporting and protecting your joints, aerobic exercises can help you improve your endurance and overall wellbeing. But you must consult with professionals about this, also if you should stop before you became too tired.

Hello there damaris,

My sister was diagnosed with lupus few years ago so I know what you are going through. And of course that you can exercise and it is even desirable that you do because you can help yourself in the future. The worst thing is that sometimes anti-inflammatory medications aren’t helping in preventing that much pain in joints. And if you exercise on a regularly basis you can help your body to accumulate that pain.

My sister is walking, hiking and I believe that she is going to the yoga classes as well. If you suggest this to your doctor I believe that he will agree with you and maybe even give you some directions. Good luck.